Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Off HDR for Samsung's Netlix App

(Topic created on: 20-07-2020 07:21 PM)
_Kai_
Apprentice
Options

I have Samsung NU7100. While watching the OA on Samsung's defualt Netflix app I have notices it was dark, after increasing the brightness I noticed OA was on HDR.

I am not able to enjoy enyshow which are in HDR. Is there any way I can disable HDR for Netflix APP?

35 REPLIES 35
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

I have this same issue as well as other multiple users that have the same issue and Samsing simply wont help us disable it. a simple software update that will disable HDR by a menu options os all that I want.

https://www.reddit.com/r/netflix/comments/e20x20/hdr_ruins_yet_another_movie_good_job_netflix/

FlaMan80
First Poster
Options
This is frustrating and Netflix is useless. Also, they should present a format that works with all TVs like all the other streaming apps do. Having said that, my Roku allowed me to turn off HDR by selecting a non HDR 4k 60hz option for my TV. Netflix originals look perfect now. No more darkness!
JoeyWright65
First Poster
Options

So Samsung has still not fixed this.  Funny how Neflix looks good on every other TV and device I own.  Just not my Sansung TV.

Dennisb11
Apprentice
Options

The best way to get around this issue is to get one of the 4K Amazon fire sticks. These will let you disable HDR and it makes Netflix watchable again on the NU 7100.  You can usually pick up an open box one in the 30 to $40 range. The Samsung TVs are not the only one that have this issue. I have a TCL also and on that TV you can't disable HDR in the Netflix app either.

Juancamilo212
Apprentice
Options

we need update, it is impossible to watch, its to dark, on hdr content

Drao101
Student
Options

How to disable HDR on the fire stick 4k?

Same issues on the frame 2020. Just dont want to deal with hdr, it craps on everything.

LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

I tried doing that but the Fire Stick wouldn't let me disable it, it would still stream HDR 😞

0 Likes
LetMeTurnOffHDR
Pathfinder
Options

Samsung is full of it 😞

0 Likes
Dfdfan
First Poster
Options

Use an apple tv 4k set to 4ksdr for all apps. Then disable the network on the samsung. All content in 4k. No sdr. Best of all no ads. 

0 Likes
Navaixero
First Poster
Options

Hello, can you explain me exactly how you did it? I get into the service menu but can't find the option anywhere and I'm desperate. Thank you

0 Likes