Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuner will not pick up any TV channels

(Topic created on: 05-04-2022 01:34 PM)
TomCooper
First Poster
Options

Model: EU65AU7100KXXU

I have just moved into a new house and bought the above model TV.

I have a coaxial cable plugged straight into the TV port in the wall but when scanning it is not picking up on any channels.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That sounds as though it could be a problem with the external aerial, @TomCooper. Do you have another TV you can try with the same aerial connection?

TomCooper
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris,

no I don’t. It’s a new build house so would I need to speak to the developer re the aerial set up?

cheers

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

If the aerial is capable of receiving signals, there should be no reason why the TV won't tune in the signals to your TV, so this would be a good starting point, @TomCooper.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @TomCooper  Best to check the aerial set up to rule out any issue there.  

However if that is  fine check if there are any problems with Freeview in your area https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problems-freeview-reception/#/Freeview other options are to try the Automatic scan again. Some customers have found that scanning after removing the aerial and then reinserting provides a solution when channels are missing and your manual tune may be accessible. In other words scan with the aerial removed when obviously no channels will be found, however this can reset the connection. You would then need to scan with the aerial connected again and see if this makes a difference.

See some more information here https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/reception-picture-and-channels-troubleshooting-guide

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
We have aerial sockets in our house that aren't connected to any aerial either in the attic or outside. Instead we have a satellite dish and use Freesat