Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TU7000 and Sky HDR intermittent black screen

(Topic created on: 16-06-2020 12:57 PM)
Camelface
Explorer
Options

Hi  there

I've recently purchased a Samsung TU7000 UHD TV which is generally great. The only issue I have is when viewing the very few new HDR offerings through Sky Q. 

I get an intermittent black screen flash up for a second or 2 at random intervals although the audio carries on. The TV picks up that's it's an HDR HLG signal as this shows on the TV display. The problem doesn't happen on normal UHD viewings. I've tried a different 18gb speed HDMI cable but the issue still exists.

Can any of you Sammy experts shed any light on a possible fix please? 

Thanks

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
AntS
Options

Hi all,

Just a quick post to let you know that Samsung and Sky are currently looking into this issue. We'll keep you guys posted on any news from that which comes our way. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Eddie1967
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that ants.i have spoken to Samsung on this matter and am told it looks like am the only one with this problem that am definitely not the only one.any information you get from Samsung that be good again thanks ants 🐜
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Eddie1967  Do not have any problem myself , however going by  the wording on Sky's site looked like there was some sort of glitch that could affect some customers.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Camelface
Explorer
Options

Engineers visit complete...looks like a firmware issue so need to wait for Samsung & Sky to get their acts together I'm afraid.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Camelface  thanks for informing us,  hopefully will not be too long a wait though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Eddie1967
Journeyman
Options

Thankyou for that information pal let's hope Samsung or sky fix the problem 

0 Likes
Taz100420
First Poster
Options

I turned off UHD HDR in external settings manager and seems to have stopped the screen from going black.

0 Likes
asiben
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I’m experiencing this issue. I’ve got most recent software on both Samsung tv and sky box. Did the issue not get resolved?

asiben
Journeyman
Options

Did you get anywhere with fixing this? It’s driving me mad

0 Likes
Camelface
Explorer
Options
Hi and welcome. No the issue has not been resolved I'm afraid.
I last spoke to Sky about the issue a month ago...they still blame Samsung and Samsung blame Sky. I don't think it will ever be resolved on this particular model unless we all put pressure on both Sky and Samsung.
0 Likes