Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to connect Smart TV with S8 (Samsung Connect), times out every time.

(Topic created on: 26-11-2017 02:04 PM)
paulsutcliffe
Apprentice
Options

Afternoon all,

After a lot of googling I've failed to find an answer...

We've got a UE49MU6120, all set up and working great. Using my S8 I've tried to connet to the TV using the Samsung Connect app (the end goal is to link the samsung connect account with the Alexa skill) but no joy. It finds the TV fine but when it tries to connect it whizzes up to 51% and then stops. There's then a message to say it's taking too long and refuses to connect.

The best I've found through my searches is that you need to activate the TVs visibility but I can't find this in any of the settings. We've also tried with my wifes S8 and that does exactly the same thing.

Any advice anyone can give would be much appreciated. I'm beginningt o suspect I might need a Smartthings hub but nothing has said that that I've found yet.

With Virgin on a superhub 3 if that helps.

Thanks all!

23 REPLIES 23
christianlec
First Poster
Options
In too am having the same problem of the Samsung Connect app timing out at 51% using a Motorola Droid 2. The latest software update is installed for the TV, the Samsung Connect app, and my phone. I reset network settings on the phone and the TV, same problem.

Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Llyr
Apprentice
Options

Im having the EXACT same issue but with a Galaxy S7 Edge. Would like to know what to do.

Grantk
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problem I'm having.

I have a brand new 55MU7351, plugged in yesterday, and trying to connect with a Hauwei P9 lite. Everything else seems normal, sotware updated to the latest etc. 

The TV software version is : 1147

The Connect App was installed yesterday

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Do you all have the same model TV? And are you able to post any info about your TV software version and any details about which Samsung Connect version you're using?

Plus, presuming both the Wi-Fi and other apps on your TVs are fine.

0 Likes
Llyr
Apprentice
Options

My TV model is UE49MU6220KXXU. Its only 2 days old. Wifi and apps are all fine.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Thanks @Llyr. :robothappy:

Can you confirm for us which software version it's on? Settings > Support > Software Update.

0 Likes
paulsutcliffe
Apprentice
Options

No problem. Once I'm home from work I'll have a look and add all the details.

Llyr
Apprentice
Options

TV is on version 1147

0 Likes
paulsutcliffe
Apprentice
Options

Yep mine too. TV is model number UE49MU6120, bought at the weekend. TV software is on version 1147. TV has been renamed to [TV]Living Room TV.

Phone is Galaxy S8+. No updates are available, current verison is G955FXXU1AQHE / G955FOTF1AQH5 / G955FXXU1AQH5

Samsung Connect is version 1.6.05-45 and says its the latest version.

All wifi settings are correct and working. Wifi is through Virgin Media with a Superhub 3. Current speeds are at: DL, 99.82MPS and upload 10/04 if that's relevant.

0 Likes