Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top of screen dark un55js7000

(Topic created on: 18-02-2018 03:27 AM)
jebersole
First Poster
Options

Top 1/3 of the screen has become dark over the past few months, any suggestions to fix.

Thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@jebersolewrote:

Top 1/3 of the screen has become dark over the past few months, any suggestions to fix.

Thanks

Hi @jebersole, firstly do a screen test test in support settings- Self Diagnosis, Picture Test.  However  this may well confirm a fault and if so  you will need to contact Samsung, could also consider Remote Support.  There is previous with customers reporting similar issues.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/TV-Screen-has-dark-section-at-bottom-of-screen/m-...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Eden Forsberg
First Poster
Options

Same issue just started appearing intermittently on my UN55JS7000 TV as well. It eventually became permanent. After much research I found someone who replaced the LED backlights and claimed they fixed the problem. Since the TV was out of warranty, and I didn’t want to pay a repair man hundreds of dollars to diagnose and fix it. I decided to take on the repair myself. I ordering replacement Backlight LED strips (Samsung BN96-38481A/BN96-38482A LED Backlight Strips), and 2 suction cups to remove the panel from ShopJimmy.com. There are many disturbers of replacement LED strips. Just search the product number above to find the closest and cheapest ones in your area. I paid $90 CAD.

I also found this video https://youtu.be/-hLjDjKKvM0 on YouTube showing how to perform the repair. It wasn’t the exact same model, the the disassembly was identical to our TV’s. The video isn’t perfect but it does show how the LED strips are replaced, and as well some mistakes not to make yourself. The hardest part was finding out how the few frames were clipped, and how they held the thing together. With patience and a butter knife I finally figured it out. I was able to make a full repair by just following the video, and fixed it myself. I saved myself a lot of money in the process. Hope this helps.

0 Likes