Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too dark on my UE50TU7100 tv

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 03:16 AM)
Kieransaltyy
First Poster
Options

Bought this tv about 2 weeks ago and played around with the settings as netflix and disney+ seemed really dark, everything looks fine on my ps4 its just these two apps that make black too dark to the point where you cant even see anything, turned the brightness up all the way turned eco off and turned shadow detail up but still seems so bad and other people have the same complaint yet when theyve spoken to samsung they just dont understand!help

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Kieransaltyy 

Could we take the current software version of the TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

0 Likes
Kieransaltyy
First Poster
Options

Software Version: T-KTSU2DEUC-1115.3

0 Likes
Montydom
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with Netflix. Episode 2 of 'Cursed' the first 5 minutes you cant see what going on in the scene. On my older Samsung HD it works perfectly.

0 Likes
Montydom
First Poster
Options

Strange thing happened today. I was watching another show on Netflix decided to use my Bluetooth headset . When the headset connected I noticed that the picture got brighter so I decided to go back to Cursed episode 2 to see if it made any changes. The picture was now brighter and I could see the background of the scene . When I disconnected to the Bluetooth the picture got darker and I couldn't see the image any longer . I tried to replicate the issue by powering down the TV, unplugging it and replead the process. When I connected the Bluetooth again the picture got brighter, There seems to be a bug in the system . is this the correct place to log this type of bug ?

0 Likes
Kieransaltyy
First Poster
Options

Software Version: T-KTSU2DEUC-1115.3

0 Likes
Kieransaltyy
First Poster
Options

Think i should send my tv back for a replacement or is it just a software bug?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

I can see that there is a new software version released for your TV @Kieransaltyy , version  1302.5. If this is not displaying on your TV you can manually update this using a blank USB.

Follow this link to download the new version:https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE43TU7100KXXU/  and this other to find all the steps to do this: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-a-samsung-tv-via-usb/

0 Likes
Kieransaltyy
First Poster
Options

Hi

i updated my tv software nothings changed it still looks the same

0 Likes