Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiny app icons on TV

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 09:01 PM)
Vivo22
Apprentice
Options

1 month ago I bought a 43 inch Samsung TV for my 87 year old mum. The app icons on the hub are RIDICULOUSLY tiny in comparison to the app size on previous TV models my family have bought. Voice description is annoying and my mum doesn't need this as she can see, but Samsung have seriously overlooked the size of these apps. I have good eyesight and I struggle with them too, also with knowing which app is being selected. This needs a software update urgently please Samsung. The elderly or people with poorer eyesight are particularly disadvantaged by this backward step. The model number is UE43TU7020KXXU for info. People, be sure to check out the app size when buying your TV as you will not appreciate the tiny size of these apps if they are anything like on this model!!!

11 REPLIES 11
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Vivo22 

That's not what we like to hear. Are you able to send us a photo of the TV screen to show this issue please?

0 Likes
Vivo22
Apprentice
Options
Hi ChrisM, here's a photo.

20210211_180604_12638.jpg

0 Likes
Mask531
First Poster
Options

Still no reply or fix to this? I'm about to return my tv

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Mask531 

Have you tried exploring the 'Enlarge' option under Home > Settings > System > Accessibility > Enlarge?

MP86
First Poster
Options

Omg it is the worst! My husband bought this TV as a surprise and set it up before I got a chance to read reviews and I hate using it. I'm only 35yrs old and I honestly can't figure out how to use this tv. The icons are very hard to see, and it's impossible to tell which icon is being highlighted so you never know which streaming app you're going to open! I feel really bad he spent money on this. How hard can it be to create a VISIBLE distraction-free app menu? The screen is huge! 

Ponderosa
First Poster
Options

Did anyone ever find a solution for this? My neighbor just bought a Samsung TV and is really struggling with the tiny icons. 

bacole87
First Poster
Options

The "Enlarge" option enlarges the menu, not the size of the apps. The app size/tiny font makes this TV less accessible than it would otherwise be. Even for those who are not visually impaired, tiny font sizes should be avoided to reduce eye strain. How sad that this has not been addressed in the last year. 

Asileiram
Student
Options

That only changes the size of the settings menu. I am having the same issue can’t see the apps 

0 Likes
Asileiram
Student
Options

Hi Chris, had a fix been discovered?  I wanted to check before we repackage the TV and bring it back to the store