Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeshift with UE43RU7100KXXU

(Topic created on: 21-10-2020 03:05 PM)
Mazin4
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I hope all are doing well and safe in these times.

We got Samsung UE43RU7100KXXU and can't seem to get Timeshift to function at all just says not available but when I look into the e-manual it says it should be available for my model so quite confused.

I am using the SSD drive which I was using for my 5-year-old Samsung TV UE48JU6400 for recording and timeshift.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maz

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options
@Mazin4: When you connect your SSD drive and attempt to record a programme, do you get a prompt to format the drive? If not, I recommend formatting your SSD via your home computer, then trying again to see if this helps. If the above isn't applicable, make sure that there is at least 1.5GB of storage space available on the external drive, as this is required to successfully use the Timeshift function.
Mazin4
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your quick reply Andrew.

There is no prompt to format it like in the old Samsung tv. 
The SSD was formatted by the previous Samsung TV, nonetheless, I am able to format it on the computer which format should it be?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Mazin4: According to the user manual, the hard drive should be formatted in NTFS. Please be aware that this will remove any stored data on the device.
0 Likes
Mazin4
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL humm.. I have formatted the SSD to NTFS which was it already anyways, but nothing still says Not available when I press the Play or Pause button.

The SSD is recognized and I can open it in the source but doesn't give me the function to time shift, it's like it's not available in the TV at all, and I have up to date software.

Are there any other suggestions? or you think the TV just doesn't have this function? 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Mazin4: It states in the user manual that the feature may not be available due to your geographical area, although if it's worked in the past on a different model in the same region then this shouldn't be an issue. When you're on a channel/programme that you want to record, can you try pressing the button with a red, green, yellow and blue dots on, with '123' below the dots, twice. Does this bring up a menu of options, including Recording and Timeshift?
0 Likes
Mazin4
Apprentice
Options

Yes, I have read the manual and saw that it asked to press the 123 button, however, I do not have a remote that has the 123 button with colors it seems it's a different remote from whats provided with the TV it seems.

0 Likes
mgboom
First Poster
Options
I am pretty sure this model does not support timeshift. On the Samsung site is is mentioned as N/A (Not Available)
0 Likes
urgiv
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes