Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

This app doesn't support your TV

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 03:22 PM)
HarryK91
Apprentice
Options

I have a new Samsung QE70 TV but I am unable to install some fairly common apps, such as Now TV and BT Sport. 

When clicking on these apps I get a message "This app doesn't support your TV" even though these apps should work. It even had a big Now TV logo strapped to it when I bought it and this was one of the reasons I went with this model.

I contacted Samsung support over a month ago now and they opened a support reference for me (2127306463)  to get this fixed. They said someone would get back to me to fix the issue. Unforauntely I have not yet been called and have had very poor experiences chasing Samsung with Live Chat representives going offline and Phone representives disconnecting calls after hours spent trying to get through. I have really lost my patience and don't know what to do!

Has anyone experienced similar issues with downloading these apps? How can I engage Samsung support to fix my issue?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
HarryK91
Apprentice
Options

Thought I'd update this for anyone having the same issue. 

After about 5 live chats, 3 long phone calls and a 6 week wait, I was finally able to speak to someone who knew what they were doing. 

The issue was related to the location settings on my TV. A member of Samsung Live Chat was able to do a remote takeover of the tv and update/reset these and it fixed the issue. 

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options
@HarryK91: Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. I can see that our AV Team contacted you today, however the call got disconnected before a remote management session could be set up. If you don't hear back from them then I recommend that you get in touch directly on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be on hand to assist you further. Apologies for any inconvenience this might cause you.
0 Likes
HarryK91
Apprentice
Options
It's good customer service to call your customer back if a call gets disconnected. Bear in mind your customers wait for ages to get through to you. Really disappointed with Samsung - still no clarity on the issue or what you are doing to resolve it!
0 Likes
Solution
HarryK91
Apprentice
Options

Thought I'd update this for anyone having the same issue. 

After about 5 live chats, 3 long phone calls and a 6 week wait, I was finally able to speak to someone who knew what they were doing. 

The issue was related to the location settings on my TV. A member of Samsung Live Chat was able to do a remote takeover of the tv and update/reset these and it fixed the issue.