Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the users experience and bugs after the 1497 firmware update on the q95t

(Topic created on: 03-04-2021 06:40 PM)
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

hello everyone , could you share with us your notes and questions and bugs after the 1497 update , using your q95t as pc monitor , or as a multimedia support , or as gaming support

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

with this 1497 update , the standard and dynamic mode of the q95t as pc monitor are washed out , there is noise in movies , no clarity and details at the images , even the white color is not pure anymore , the bios writing in the windows boot is not white and crisp ,when you are watching a hd content it feels like you'are watching a 3GP video in this so called 4k tv , colors are faded , yesterday i was watching a fullhd movie on it and it was visually disgusting , there is some blurryness like this update was meants to make details in the tv less noticeable so blooming is less shown, have someone noticed the same results in these two modes with the 1497 fw update ?

SKR9
First Poster
Options
it keeps randomly turning on my ps5
panosv7
Apprentice
Options

Hi SaMoNe1986.

The same update messed up my q95t too. Now there are no vivid colors, images are blurry and washed out with noise on every mode.  How about Samsung letting us choose to downgrade. My Q95t looks awful after the update and I cant believe it has been tested by Samsung and they thought it was Ok...!! 

SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

yep I agree with you , they should letting us to downgrade the firmware or they must correct this mess in the next update

0 Likes
Vase1
Journeyman
Options

I bought the TVlast week and did ofcourse upgrade my firmware as first step before I stated to use the TV. Q90t should be a replacement of my Q9FN as my PC gaming monitor. 

With VRR / Gsync on I recognized that black and gray colours are very bad. I did a video of a game 

Watch to the shadowed areas behind the rudder pedals 

https://youtu.be/SjFW1T7qS_I

https://youtu.be/xv-0FYtaMaI

0 Likes
Arve
Apprentice
Options

Thats what you get for buying a Samsung TV. They always downgrade the picture quality on older TV models, whenever a new model comes out. They are known for this. They wont fix this. It was done on purpose.

Did you really think they just made a "mistake"?

Brian152
Student
Options

Anyone help with expert settings for my Q95t I can never seem to get it correct I have skyQ what is the best settings to watch normal programs and football 

Funijem1981
First Poster
Options

When you power the Q90T for the first time are you forced to update the firmware or can you choose not to?

Willklow
First Poster
Options

I've noticed an increase in image noise/fuzziness especially in darker scenes since the update. This is apparent in all picture modes.