Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The receiver does not turn on when I turn on the TV

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 02:39 AM)
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought a Q900 8k 75” (QN75Q900RBGXZD) to replace an old (2014) Samsung TV and there are a few annoying things that doesn’t work on this model that used to work on the old model.

One of these things is related to the Anynet+.

I have my TV connected to a Yamaha receiver RX-A1060. With the old TV I was able to turn on the receiver when I turned on the TV using the TV remote control (just clicking the TV turn on button it also turned on the receiver) and turning off the TV the receiver also turned off.

With the Q900, when I turn on the TV the receiver doesn’t turn on. I need to use the receiver remote control. I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI) the receiver turn on.

The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.

My question is: Is there any configuration I couldn’t find the enable the feature to turn the receiver on when I turn the TV on? Or is there any way to set the Receiver (HDMI) as default audio output even when the TV is restarted?

Thanks.

Daniel

135 REPLIES 135
Outdoorsman
Apprentice
Options

I believe I read similar comments within this forum and other online sources that there is a solution with Denon however Yamaha does not have the same features (smart menu) and I had not seen anyone who got this working seamlessly.  Even if there was a complex solution the average person should be able to implement without hours of research!  As I mentioned when I connected my new LG TV to the same receiver not only did it work seamlessly, it connected and set-up automatically and recognized the model of my receiver.  This is a level of iniquity that is capable with today's electronics but for some reason Samsung hasn't sorted this out.  My set-up is still working flawlessly (even when my wife turns on the TV, LOL)!

0 Likes
AlexandersComet
First Poster
Options

SOLUTION: I searched the entire internet and all of youtube because I too have the same problem BUT luckily I think I figured it out. Its not your reciever. It's the TV. Factory reset the tv and the ability to turn on and off your reciever at the same time as the tv comes back. That ability goes away as soon as u start accessing different inputs on your reciever. It's like the tv gets confused and says fahk it, ill just stick to Tv Audio as default. (Stupid. I know.) Besides factory resetting ur Tv to reconnect reciever on/off function, I suggest plugging any inputs directly to the tv and leaving the reciever alone. This worked for me so I hope it helps some of you out. Samsung can easily fix this. Give us the ability to set a DEFAULT Audio Out setting to RECIEVER. Thats it. 

zmutin
First Poster
Options

If your ARC channel is HDMI1, and you are using some smart apps before turning TV off, make sure that last input used IS NOT HDMI1 before switching TV off. It helped me, hope it will for you too.

Predict99
First Poster
Options

I believe turning on smart menu fixed it for me. I got a t80 and denon 4500 and it works off and on. Just messed with some setting in the denon. I believe it has some that mention powering on with TV and smart view was off. Turned that on and now works. 

0 Likes
Naes
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue with my brand new Yamaha RXA4A amplifier also my Yamaha RXA2080

When all equipment is off 

With firestick in Amp HDMI and your press the power button on the firestick remote. Tv turns on. Firestick works fine. Amp doesn't turn on

Turn on amp manually and all ok.

Press off on firestick and all turns off correctly.

Turn on Playstation on HDMI 2 and tv turns on and amplifier stays off again even though has let video signal through.

Same with Xbox and the same with Foxtel.

Tv connected to HDMI arc with brand new 8k HDMI lead to Yamaha AMP eARC.

CEC, HDMI control , ARC all turned on in AMP and television. Firestick, PS4 , PS5 , Xbox S

I've tried holding power button down. Have even unplugged tv to endure not asleep.

I think this might be a Yamaha issue?

BONG LEACH
Student
Options

The fix is as follows.

1. Press the HOME key on your Samsung remote

2. Navigate to SOURCE and select TV. 

3. Press the HOME button again and navigate to SETTINGS.

4. In the settings menu navigate to SOUND OUTPUT and choose either RECEIVER or OPTICAL {depending on your connection of choice, I use both}

5. Press POWER on your Samsung remote and it should now power down.

Hope this helps everyone!

Antonio Maldonado aka BONG LEACH 

Fubaar
Journeyman
Options

The problem is not powering down the receiver, the problem is powering it up.
The reason is that as the TV remains in standby mode, it no longer detects the receiver which it just shut down so it auto-defaults the sound output to TV. 
Then, when powering back on the TV, as the default output is TV, it will not power back on the receiver.
The simple fix from Samsung would be to disabled the auto-select of sound output and leave it as user selected.
But, for this, they would have to care, right? Right :smiling-face:

Midden12
Student
Options

Awesome! Tried everything! Nothing worked! But this helped me with the ON-issue! THANKS!!!!

PicoFluff
First Poster
Options

This was the solution I found to work on my Q60R

As long as the last HDMI source selected IS NOT the ARC port that the receiver is plugged into it seems to work fine power on and off 

Which is pretty annoying because I wanted to use the receiver as the HDMI hub partly cause it's easier to get at with the TV wall mounted

0 Likes
dtedford
First Poster
Options

Hi Andrew, 

Does Samsung have a fix for this issue that has been a problem for Community members for a year now (#1898896)?  I also am having this issue. My wife gave up using the surround system because even if I can get this problem solved temporarily, like others here, it reverts back to a default setting that does not recognize the receiver.  if she cant press power and watch tv its a non-starter.  so she quit using the high end receiver and speaker system I have set up.  All because the TV wont talk to the receiver.  Lots of people on this thread have found temporary fixes but no lasting solution.  Mine is a Q90T but this seems to be an issue with many units.  is this simply how the Samsung works?  This is a missed requirement as far as I am concerned and I suspect your product management department would agree with that or did they spec a high end TV to forget high end surround systems everytime it turns off.  I doubt this was on purpose.  can you please help us? 

0 Likes