Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The receiver does not turn on when I turn on the TV

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 02:39 AM)
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought a Q900 8k 75” (QN75Q900RBGXZD) to replace an old (2014) Samsung TV and there are a few annoying things that doesn’t work on this model that used to work on the old model.

One of these things is related to the Anynet+.

I have my TV connected to a Yamaha receiver RX-A1060. With the old TV I was able to turn on the receiver when I turned on the TV using the TV remote control (just clicking the TV turn on button it also turned on the receiver) and turning off the TV the receiver also turned off.

With the Q900, when I turn on the TV the receiver doesn’t turn on. I need to use the receiver remote control. I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI) the receiver turn on.

The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.

My question is: Is there any configuration I couldn’t find the enable the feature to turn the receiver on when I turn the TV on? Or is there any way to set the Receiver (HDMI) as default audio output even when the TV is restarted?

Thanks.

Daniel

135 REPLIES 135
SBC427
Apprentice
Options

Ok so I think I figured mine out you have to go to settings on the tv and set up the universal remote I did this a few weeks ago and it worked for 2 weeks but then stopped  turning on the receiver again So I redid the universal remote and it has been working now. We'll see for how long this time what a pain in the azz 

Zmietz
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue.  Anynet+ is enabled and the receiver is setup through the universal remote (not sure if this changes any of the functionality because I can't notice a difference.  TV is the Q7D.  Receiver doesn't turn on until I switch sound output to HDMI, but turns off when TV powers off (goes to sleep).

Goodjob
Explorer
Options
I have the same problem and use music cast with my Google one mini to use voice control to turn on my Yamaha amp and adjust the input as required.
0 Likes
Greatscott
Student
Options

I recently changed my 2020 Denon out for my "older" early 2020 txrz onkyo and with my q80 install..... Low and behold no cec handshake issues. Power on's and off's to tv work flawlessly

0 Likes
Jagdtiger
Apprentice
Options

I am having the same exact issue as you with the Q70T and my Denon receiver.
I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI-eARC) the receiver turn on.
The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.
is there anyone from Samsung to answer this?

SBC427
Apprentice
Options

Nobody is going to answer it I had mine fixed so it would work properly 3 different times now and somehow it always seems to stop working again I gave up. Going back to Sony tv and Yamaha receiver.

Jagdtiger
Apprentice
Options

Firmware Update?

Jagdtiger
Apprentice
Options

I talked to samsung support.

The answer was interesting: "We would like to inform you that when using the universal remote control, you can control other non-Samsung devices, but you cannot take control of the full functions of the connected devices with the Smart Remote, taking into account other manufacturer and user needs. Thus, we are not able to provide on / off switching for external devices manufactured by third parties."

I noticed an interesting thing: In the case of Denon, it only works if you enable the Smart Menu (On) on the amplifier in the Video / HDMI Setup section. On the other hand, if you enable the Smart Menu option, a window with the big tiles (Now Playing) will appear, which can only be pushed further, it will not disappear by itself, and this is quite confusing. However, if the Smart Menu is turned off on the amplifier, it will not turn on automatically after the TV is turned on.

SBC427
Apprentice
Options

Exactly I've done all that and talked with denon even with start menu on it still fails after a week or 2 and the start menu is more annoying than the auto on not working, had zero problems with my Sony TV 

Fubaar
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue with Samsung Q6FN and Yamaha RX-A880.

Funny thing is I almost blamed the AVR, since my old RX-V467 worked perfectly, but reading all this, its clearly that the TV is the odd one.