Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The receiver does not turn on when I turn on the TV

(Topic created on: 30-12-2021 03:11 PM)
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought a Q900 8k 75” (QN75Q900RBGXZD) to replace an old (2014) Samsung TV and there are a few annoying things that doesn’t work on this model that used to work on the old model.

One of these things is related to the Anynet+.

I have my TV connected to a Yamaha receiver RX-A1060. With the old TV I was able to turn on the receiver when I turned on the TV using the TV remote control (just clicking the TV turn on button it also turned on the receiver) and turning off the TV the receiver also turned off.

With the Q900, when I turn on the TV the receiver doesn’t turn on. I need to use the receiver remote control. I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI) the receiver turn on.

The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.

My question is: Is there any configuration I couldn’t find the enable the feature to turn the receiver on when I turn the TV on? Or is there any way to set the Receiver (HDMI) as default audio output even when the TV is restarted?

Thanks.

Daniel

132 REPLIES 132
Randy31
Apprentice
Options

When you say setup, do you mean factory reset with or without cables attached between the receiver and the TV or something else?

0 Likes
Nom1fan
First Poster
Options

246209002.jpg

 I mean this thing.. unfortunately it doesn't hold for much. It's starting to be a hassle, it's easier to just switch the audio source manually 😞

0 Likes
Plasman
Explorer
Options

To anybody who experiences this.

Try making sure that the arc/eARC source is not the last source selected.

So in my case on the q95t select hdmi source 1,2 or 4, or Samsung TV app (that seems to count as a source). 
The tv always remembers the last source selected, no matter what tv apps you use. 
Then the receiver will turn off and on as expected.

All you have to do is remember to select another source after you,ve been using the hdmi 3/eARC source (usually you only select this source to view the receiver settings menu on your tv).
Of course this work around is not so useful if you actually use your receiver as a regular source. But the whole point of eARC is that you don’t need to run your sources via the receiver, so this generally shouldn’t be an issue.

0 Likes
Sippy Cup
Student
Options

Why switching to source TV for this is work is beyond me. Probably the same reason you have to be on TV source to do any updates to the TV

0 Likes
Plasman
Explorer
Options

If you’re referring to my workaround, then yes it’s strange. I assume that’s not expected behaviour, and is a bug of sorts. But the key thing about the workaround is just not to leave to source selected to HDMI 3(eARC ) source. The the power on will then work as expected every time, until you next select hdmi 3 as your source. . I can reliably reproduce this at will. 

0 Likes
Dreamsayer
Journeyman
Options

This may be an alternative workaround to this problem, but I doubt a lot of people are on the sound source when they turn off their TV. Although I no longer experience this problem, I'm constantly receiving a blue screen error for HDMI 3. It says No Signal check connection. I have to press the home button on remote to dismiss it. Even though my receiver is connected and working. There is definitely a bug causing this. I've discovered that not having an active video source on HDMI 1 such as a cable box causes these glitches.

0 Likes
Plasman
Explorer
Options

Not sure what you mean by “sound source’”. Any source into the Samsung tv one connect box except hdmi 3 (so hdmi 1,2, 4 or Samsung TV) can be selected. That would be actually pretty normal. As I said you’d only normally select hdmi 3 as a source if you want to view your receiver settings or if your using your receiver as your video switching hub instead. 
There could well be other causes of this issue, and ive only highlighted one with one workaround.

0 Likes
Dreamsayer
Journeyman
Options

Sound source is the HDMI 3 port. On the blue screen, that's what the message says "Sound Source."

For example, if I launch and watch the Samsung TV app, if I exit that app, the TV goes back to the Hub, then a few seconds later the blue screen appears. I don't rent a cable box and only stream, so I do not have anything plugged in HDMI 1, 2 or 4. Only sound receiver in 3. If I do put a streaming device into HDMI 1, the blue screen occurs less.

0 Likes
ZachD
First Poster
Options

"Turn on the Denon's SMART MENU It will appear when the TV switches on, simply close it and all is good!"

This worked for my Samsung Q80T and Denon AVR-S750H

Thanks

0 Likes
fran1996
Explorer
Options

Hi can you please tell me what worked for you (I have a smilliar setup tu8000 and denon AVR660:

0 Likes