Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The receiver does not turn on when I turn on the TV

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 12:48 PM)
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought a Q900 8k 75” (QN75Q900RBGXZD) to replace an old (2014) Samsung TV and there are a few annoying things that doesn’t work on this model that used to work on the old model.

One of these things is related to the Anynet+.

I have my TV connected to a Yamaha receiver RX-A1060. With the old TV I was able to turn on the receiver when I turned on the TV using the TV remote control (just clicking the TV turn on button it also turned on the receiver) and turning off the TV the receiver also turned off.

With the Q900, when I turn on the TV the receiver doesn’t turn on. I need to use the receiver remote control. I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI) the receiver turn on.

The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.

My question is: Is there any configuration I couldn’t find the enable the feature to turn the receiver on when I turn the TV on? Or is there any way to set the Receiver (HDMI) as default audio output even when the TV is restarted?

Thanks.

Daniel

134 REPLIES 134
Ivo234
Journeyman
Options

TV:  Samsung Q80R

Receiver:Denon AVR-3300W

-------------------------------------

Tried the suggested fixes.

Going into the TV settings to select TV mode then select sound output as receiver (receiver was already selected) using the TV remote did turn on and off the TV and receiver.

However I have a Tivo and Roku connected to my Receiver, I almost never use the TV source. So when I started using the TV as usual - watching the Tivo or Roku inputs the issue returned.

Receiver is still the sound output but turning on the TV does not turn on the receiver.

Tried setting the TV and receiver from scratch - no change.

Looked into making the receiver, Roku, and TV remotes learn to turn on both TV and receiver - did not work.

Finally I purchased a Tivo streaming device (the one with android TV) for $25. Its remote detected the TV and detected the receiver automatically and is able to turn them both on and off simultaneously.

So the moral of the story is, a 3rd party company selling a $25 device can do what Samsung would not.

I'm still disappointed in Samsung and their customer-unfriendly attitude and will avoid their products in the future.

0 Likes
whswede
Apprentice
Options

Did not work for me

0 Likes
whswede
Apprentice
Options

I did a complete reset of the Samsung TV and re-did the setup. It actually worked fine in setup, ie turning off AND on the Yamaha receiver but after exiting settings in the Samsung tv only turning off works. Not on. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
whswede
Apprentice
Options

I did a complete reset of the Samsung TV and re-did the setup. It actually worked fine in setup, ie turning off AND on the Yamaha receiver but after exiting settings in the Samsung tv only turning off works. Not on. Very disappointed.

0 Likes
Outdoorsman
Apprentice
Options

I have been following this thread and wondered if anyone has seen instances where someone from Samsung has ever responded and if there is a way to initiate that correspondence?  As you may recall, I ended up buying an LG TV which set up and paired quickly with my Yamaha receiver. Luckily I purchased my Samsung TV from Costco and was able to exchange it for the LG no questions asked. My older son just bought a brand new 75 inch TV for his apartment and he also went with the LG albeit a higher model than mine. It really made me think about how my family quickly changed our brand loyalty and that cost Samsung at least one TV sale this year…. I have three sons and many people I have talk to you about this issue will likely buy several more TVs in their lifetime.  It’s fascinating that Samsung would host thread like this and not get involved to help solve the problem.

Ivo234
Journeyman
Options

Never seen any acknowledgement from Samsung on the issue, not only here but in any forum I have found this topic.

It's what drives the nail in the coffin for me.

The least they should have done is reply with why it is not possible to correct the behavior, or say they will work on it, or even to make more money off us and sell us a remote which can command the TV and receivers.

Their silence is like saying "We got your money for the TV, and we don't care about you anymore."

To which I can only reply in the same spirit and move on to purchasing electronics from other manufacturers and encouraging others to do the same.

Rossbg
First Poster
Options

A few days ago I bought the UE85AU8072UXXN model and I have the same problem, I can't get the receiver to turn on or set the remote control to control it. My old Sharp  had no problem working with my Harman/Kardon AVR 161S receiver. I did not expect this to be possible at all, but I see that I am not the only one with such a problem. I hope SAMSUNG is working on this problem and there will be new firmware soon. For now I am very disappointed with my purchase 😞

0 Likes
Nom1fan
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. 
TV: Samsung UE75MU8000
Receiver: Yamaha RX-V4A

For me the only thing that helped is Setup TV. It works well for now (turns off and ON + all ARC functionality). 
I hope it won't get messed up soon which will force me to do this setup again.

Thanks to everyone involved, and shame on Samsung...

0 Likes
Members_pIxgBQo
First Poster
Options

Brilliant, this fixed my issue with an old Onkyo receiver 

0 Likes
Nom1fan
First Poster
Options

Glad I could help!
For me it worked great for a while and then for some reason stopped again so I had to Setup TV once again.. really annoying since it resets the Picture Settings as well so I have to do that again. I hope it won't happen to you. 

Either way it's the best I got right now 😅

0 Likes