Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The receiver does not turn on when I turn on the TV

(Topic created on: 24-11-2020 07:07 PM)
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I just bought a Q900 8k 75” (QN75Q900RBGXZD) to replace an old (2014) Samsung TV and there are a few annoying things that doesn’t work on this model that used to work on the old model.

One of these things is related to the Anynet+.

I have my TV connected to a Yamaha receiver RX-A1060. With the old TV I was able to turn on the receiver when I turned on the TV using the TV remote control (just clicking the TV turn on button it also turned on the receiver) and turning off the TV the receiver also turned off.

With the Q900, when I turn on the TV the receiver doesn’t turn on. I need to use the receiver remote control. I can see that every time I turn on the TV, the TV Speakers is set as default audio output. If I change it to Receiver (HDMI) the receiver turn on.

The turn off is working: when I turn the TV off, the receiver aldo turn off.

My question is: Is there any configuration I couldn’t find the enable the feature to turn the receiver on when I turn the TV on? Or is there any way to set the Receiver (HDMI) as default audio output even when the TV is restarted?

Thanks.

Daniel

132 REPLIES 132
jjoyce1963
First Poster
Options

I am having the same exact issue as you with the Q70T and my Yamaha receiver.

AndrewL
Options

@DanielDias: Have you registered the Yamaha receiver to the TV via Home > Source > Universal Remote? If so, try checking the settings of the Yamaha receiver to see if there are any power link or sync options available. 

0 Likes
DanielDias
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thanks for replaying.

Yes, I’ve configured the receiver on the remote control (I can control the receiver volume with the RC and when I turn off the TV the receiver also turn off).

I have double checked the receiver configurations and it was working with the old Samsung model.

Daniel

Rickydoo
First Poster
Options

Will never work. Buy a Sony

TV62
Apprentice
Options

i have the same issue  and same tv, and i noticed somthing.

when turning off the tv it only goes to sleep.

when waking up the receiver not turining on.

if pressing the off button longer the tv will really turn off.

then when turning on the receiver will wake up.

so its not the protocol problem. its the sleeping mode that causing this problem!

pkease fix it with updates samsung!!!!

SBC427
Apprentice
Options

I think you may be right my sony bravia worked flawless my new Samsung Q90R 65" has all kinds of problems and also won't turn on the receiver

TV62
Apprentice
Options

its a shame, my old philips tv did that with 0 failures.

my brand new qled tv cant.

is there anyone from samsung to answer this? 

Members_41n0ph5
Apprentice
Options

I'd love an answer to this. My 6 year old Panasonic TV would turn the Yamaha on or off with it too. 

Greatscott
Student
Options

Same issue here with new Q80T and Denon x4700H Have used this set up on hundreds of installs with no issue. Having to select sound output to HDMI E-ARC to power on receiver is unacceptable. Why won't Samsung address this?