Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The NEO QLED is a major Over Priced TV

(Topic created on: 23-06-2021 12:05 AM)
NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

IDK if people will see this But the 4K QN90/85A Are Over Priced TVs that is Not a Real Upgrade in PQ. On top of Samsung is actually Capping an smearing 4K tvs which to this day are still nowhere near perfect with PROBLEMS as well as 4K is still widely unsupported natively and still mainly upscaled. Which there is a difference between Native 4K and Upscaled 4K and holding back tech to try and get people to buy an even more useless unsupported double upscaled resolution 8K at a far more steeper cost That will have the SAME PROBLEMS. This shows Samsung's capitalistic ideologies in full bloom in 2021. The "Flagship" QN90A Samsungs "Highest End" Mini-LED 4K is Just a Tad better then Q90T an a Tad Worse then Q90R. The QN85A is About the Exact(Shocking I know in some areas the 85A does better) Same with less contrast cause of the ISP panel for $1500+ With ONLY 1 HDMI 2.1 PORT. JUST  1. Now will They fix the Poorly used Local Dimming an PQ issues in the 4K QN line Quickly an get another Port 2.1 accessable. With Samsung being Only about Useless 8K That remains to be seen if they Really even care About there 4K

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Atone1
First Poster
Options

I'm not 100% sure what the point of your "topic" is.  If you are trying to educate people you don't come off as a very trust worthy or reliable source to base my buying choices off.  It sounds like you are just a super negative person trying to spread your condition-  I'm personally in the market for a new TV and in doing my research it seems like the new Mini LED TVs from Samsung are nice.  I've never been really big on OLED (my living area is really bright and I'm a little scared of burn-in) and it looks like the QN series is the best picture available.  One question I do have is, why does HDMI 2.1 matter?  From what I understand it gives 8k @ 60 frames (no content available), 4k @ 120 frames (also, no content) and EARC.  EARC seems like a functional upgrade and something I could use at some point (probably not though... I don't have a blueray player and EARC is basically only useful if you are playing physical media), but still I only need the 1 port for it.  Thanks for all of the help!

0 Likes
Tomscarborough
Pioneer
Options

Hi Atone1 ... I am looking forward to seeing the new QN range when they arrive and I'm also in the market for a new TV.  Probably no need for me to have HDMI 2.1 either but it's maybe better for gamers ... EARC on the other hand would be essential for sending the audio back to the AV Receiver from the built in Apps.

I'm still waiting for a reply from Samsung to confirm if they are admitting to all the problems with the Q2020T range ... my Q85T was returned after six weeks as it was unfit for purpose (along with many others on this forum!) and so far Samsung aren't acknowledging anything wrong.

I'm looking forward to the QN reviews to see whether to risk buying one of this years models given my experience with last years.

0 Likes
Atone1
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the reply and the info.  Hopefully everything works out better for you this time around!  Cheers!!

0 Likes
Members_tbl3YnW
Apprentice
Options

"4k @ 120 frames (also, no content)" you have content from Console (PS5)

0 Likes
NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

Well first off something you need to realize son is I'm not a "source" I am a person that has owned an tryed these TVs and this is an opinion. Sorry I'm not sorry that this opinion offends you.  The first part of your statement is belligerent nonsense that I'm not even going to address. But as far as my opinion goes this is an opinion that most everybody else shares. For the QN90A they wanted $2,500 for when it was released. It only comes with one HDMI 2.1 port it is still in LED TV and though it does do better then the $2,200 at the time IPS-ADS panel it's still not worth the price they were asking. It still had quite a bit of blooming the local dimming feature was not that great and is not that great of a TV for gamers. For your average moviegoer it might be okay before the price it is definitely not the best out there. As far as this OLED burn in that is pretty much in 2021 a dead argument to try to keep hold of. I now have an LG 65 C1 sitting in my very very well lit living room that was $100 less then Samsungs let's feature-rich lack of Dolby vision like a 2.1 lack of a lot of things QN90A and I have absolutely no problems with it it is bright enough that I don't even need to max out the TV to see it and it is absolutely remarkable. I feel most people that say they're not a fan of OLED I have never actually owned one. I can tell that you're no different. When it comes to burn in yeah there is a very small wrist but in 2021 with logo dimming pixel shifting and pixel refresh you have to actually purposely try very hard to get these old legs to burn in and they have been like that since 2018. And when I say try I mean you would have to purposely keep a static image on an OLED for at the very least 10 hours a day for a quite a few months just to start getting image retention and even longer to start getting burn in. Now I am not a big brightness person I have found the brighter the TV the actually more distorted and worse the image becomes. So for my used case the C1 was the much better TV with much richer features at a much better price.. the next time don't be so offended man it's just a personal TV review

0 Likes
NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

4K at 120 is really not needed nor cared about outside of people who play online multiplayer And there are actually more people that don't play multiplayer that do So 4K@60Hz will be the better option since You will get more Native content an closer to 2160p in DynamicResolution. As far as 4K@ 120 goes there is more content on the Xbox and PC than there is on PlayStation that does 4K@120Hz. Also Xbox an PC hit closer to 2160p in Dynamic Resolution then PS5. So in reality if you are dead set on 4K@ 120Hz then Xbox or PC is where you want to be. Since Xbox better supports the frame rate and resolution as well as FidelityFX Dolby Vision gaming(witch you're not going to get with Samsung anyway) VRR ALLM AutoHDR an Fram Rate booster features That the PS5 don't have. 

0 Likes
Atone1
First Poster
Options

Hi again!  This is the last I will comment on it since there really is no point.  Firstly, I'd like to say I'm sorry... calling out the negativity in your original post was not meant to hurt your feelings, for that I am sorry.  My main frustration is (was) when I am reading a forum like this I like to see constructive feedback, real world hands on experience and information related to the product that I can trust and use when making my purchasing decision.  When I read the original post I was annoyed that there was no real value, it was negative comment after negative comment....bash....bash....bash...ect.  I would like to see "I have this product and am having these issues" instead of a review style commentary where you just try to point out everything negative that other reviewers have said about Samsung TVs.

Best wishes!

0 Likes
NoBangallBuckSams
Journeyman
Options

Lol. Well it's good to know your last comeback was you trying to Piggyback of what I said. Good try in trying to turn it around. But it sound to me like your just upset that I talked bad about a brand you seem to want to love an it's got you feeling a type of way. Hate to say Truth hurts but.... I don't care what you buy. I don't care what your looking for an I don't care what you want to here to make you feel better. Fact STILL is for the Price($$$$) they want it's not really worth it. Meaning there is better out there for the money... So To try an help you out here try this.. If you don't Like what your reading or it doesn't suit your Ideology of what you want or want to read DONT READ IT an Definitely don't try an comeback with some lame attempted Putdowns. This is what we call moving on. Good luck to you and your last reply

0 Likes