Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame will not turn off when no motion is detected

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 11:39 AM)
mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

I just purchased the 2022, 75 inch Frame.  Art Mode will not turn off when no motion is detected. The tv is about 10 days old. The function worked for a couple of hours and then stopped. I have the Sleep After option set at 5 minutes but the tv stays on. I've tried different time intervals and different sensitivity settings but neither helped. The latest update is installed. Curtains are closed so there is no outside motion detected. I don't have a pet. There is no heat register near the tv. Any thoughts? UPDATE: I contacted Samsung and after running through all the usual troubleshooting, they decided to send a tech to make repairs. The tech was an independent contractor that does electrical repairs on different types of devices. He was professional and replaced all the parts that Samsung sent to him. After reassembling the tv, we turned it on and had the same problem. The tech called Samsung to give a report and not only did the Samsung employee not understand his own product but he told us that all of the parts were not sent to the tech for replacement. So now the additional parts are on order and we have to go through the disassembly/repair/reassembly process all over again. I'll update after I get the new parts. UPDATE 4 April 2023: It looks like Samsung dropped the ball with completing the repair. They closed the order after the partial repair, the missing part was not ordered and nothing else has been completed. However the Sleep After function has started working randomly. Once or twice a week the tv will sleep when no motion is detected and turn back on if someone walks into the room. But 99% of the time it does not work. And now I'm having issues with the light sensor. Sometimes the tv will be so dim that I can't see the display...other times the picture is fine. UPDATE 25 November 2023: Samsung eventually replaced my tv. We never figured out what the problem was.

22 REPLIES 22
morgo1968
First Poster
Options

Thank you! I can confirm I had the same issue and this fixed it.  Setting the slideshow duration to be longer than the sleep time works.

Apologies, per below I meant the Sleep After function in Art mode, not the Sleep Timer.

Having Sleep After set to 5 minutes, duration set to 10 minutes and Night Mode off works for me.

mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

@morgo1968 Thanks for the suggestion. I have my sleep timer set at 5 minutes and the slideshow duration set at 30 minutes. The problem still exists.

0 Likes
mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

@TV511 Thanks for the suggestion. Please note, there is a difference between "Sleep After" and "Sleep Timer". Sleep After is motion activated and is designed to turn off the tv in Art Mode when no motion is detected. Sleep Timer is a selected time to turn off the tv. For example at night when going to bed one can set the sleep timer for an hour and the tv will turn off. Sleep timer does not work in Art Mode but Sleep After does. As I stated in my original post, the sleep mode worked for a while, then stopped.

0 Likes
Lefty FTV
Student
Options

In late January 2023, Technicians/servicemen came to my home wanting to add/change the motion sensor.   They also say this TV may not have the design with Art Mode that can put to sleep mode when motion is not detected.  
Anyway, after checking with Samsung, technician told me that it is a software issue and it will be fixed after the next software revision.   

After the TV has installed the latest version 1430 in mid-February, the problem of Slide Show will not go to Sleep Mode persisted. 

I was further informed by the service company that Slide Show will not go to Sleep Mode for this TV as per design.

Nevertheless, I've just tried the suggestion from  by setting the Slideshow delay to 10 minutes and Sleep to 5 and sleep and motion sensing are now working with slideshow mode.   It also works with 5 minutes with both Slideshow delay and Sleep mode. 

I think this conclude that the software is the issue.    It is thankful that we can share our experiences and learning ways to get around the problem.   Hopefully Samsung can come up with a permanent fix to this problem soon.  

0 Likes
mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

@Lefty FTV   Thanks for the input. I have found that Samsung customer service isn't much help. They don't really understand their own product. I currently have my Sleep After setting at 5 minutes and the slideshow set for one hour and I still have the problem. I have updated my original post with additional info. 

0 Likes
Lounge2fly
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. Everything worked great when new for about 2 weeks then all of the sudden the problems started. Mine even switches at random to tv mode and dang near scares the poo out of me! 1620 is the software version and problem persists. Last night it even came on in the dark. Such garbage when you spend 1600 on a TV

0 Likes
Cooltimer
Student
Options

Problem solved!!
My new The Frame 2023 worked just fine for 4 weeks. I set my art setting to sleep mode after 5 min and motion sensitivity to high. And with no motion in the room the TV shut off every single time and came back on when I entered the room. But after 4 weeks it stopped working. I tried resetting the TV and all the other things that didn’t work. Then I suddenly remembered; I had just lowered the TV 10 cm to match some pictures on the wall. I put the TV back up the 10 cm and Heureka; everything went back to normal. In Art mode TV shuts off after 5 min and turns on when I enter the room. So if you have this problem you could try to play around with the height and maybe the angle of the TV. It certainly worked for me.   

RBR1
Apprentice
Options

No, we don't see an update in our original post

0 Likes
RBR1
Apprentice
Options

No, we don't see an update in your original post.

0 Likes
RBR1
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever resolve it?

0 Likes