Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame will not turn off when no motion is detected

(Topic created on: 27-12-2022 12:22 AM)
mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

I just purchased the 2022, 75 inch Frame.  Art Mode will not turn off when no motion is detected. The tv is about 10 days old. The function worked for a couple of hours and then stopped. I have the Sleep After option set at 5 minutes but the tv stays on. I've tried different time intervals and different sensitivity settings but neither helped. The latest update is installed. Curtains are closed so there is no outside motion detected. I don't have a pet. There is no heat register near the tv. Any thoughts? UPDATE: I contacted Samsung and after running through all the usual troubleshooting, they decided to send a tech to make repairs. The tech was an independent contractor that does electrical repairs on different types of devices. He was professional and replaced all the parts that Samsung sent to him. After reassembling the tv, we turned it on and had the same problem. The tech called Samsung to give a report and not only did the Samsung employee not understand his own product but he told us that all of the parts were not sent to the tech for replacement. So now the additional parts are on order and we have to go through the disassembly/repair/reassembly process all over again. I'll update after I get the new parts. UPDATE 4 April 2023: It looks like Samsung dropped the ball with completing the repair. They closed the order after the partial repair, the missing part was not ordered and nothing else has been completed. However the Sleep After function has started working randomly. Once or twice a week the tv will sleep when no motion is detected and turn back on if someone walks into the room. But 99% of the time it does not work. And now I'm having issues with the light sensor. Sometimes the tv will be so dim that I can't see the display...other times the picture is fine. UPDATE 25 November 2023: Samsung eventually replaced my tv. We never figured out what the problem was.

22 REPLIES 22
ptsd1
Student
Options

I have exactly the same issue. Everything worked perfectly out of the box for about a week. Then it would not go to sleep. I did a firmware update and it worked well for a few hours. Then it went back to not being able to sleep.

Night mode seems to work if it's dark--it might shut off. But in the daytime, with motion detection set to 5 minutes of inactivity to sleep, it won't go to sleep. It's on all day even when no one is in the room.

mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

@ptsd1 I contacted Samsung and they are sending a tech to repair it. I'll update this after the repair.

0 Likes
UVA1
First Poster
Options

Any update as I have same issue on brand new Frame.....Thx

0 Likes
mechtech57
Journeyman
Options

@UvA See update above, in my original post.

0 Likes
Lefty FTV
Student
Options

I've the similar problem with my 1 month old 2022 Frame TV.   It works fine when a single art is chosen.  When Slide Show is chosen with the same Sleep Timer, Motion Detector and Night Mode settings, it will not put the TV to Sleep.  

Call the product support and do reset the TV.  Problem persisted.   

Springerman
First Poster
Options

Try turning off automatic updates.

Navigate to Menu, then select Settings, and then select Support. Select Software Update, and then select Auto Update to turn it off.

Make sure sleep mode is off as well. Since then, works as it should. 

0 Likes
DTrip
First Poster
Options

I am having the issue with the 2 month old 55 inch The Frame model.  Art mode will automatically turn off when a single picture is selected and no motion is detected.  Leaving all settings the same and selecting slideshow, the art mode stays on with no motion.  Is this a software or hardware problem?  I am contemplating returning the TV and buying a new one, but hesitant that if this is a software issue that will not correct the problem.  Thank you for any help.

TV511
First Poster
Options

I had a similar experience with a 55" Frame purchased in mid-December. The main circuit board was replaced by  a field tech from a company with whom Samsung contracts but that did not do it. I finally was connected with a very knowledgeable Samsung technician who has the same TV and did not realize he had the same issue because he does not use slideshow mode. But switching to slideshow, the sleep function stopped working. After numerous conversations and a call to the Samsung engineering dept, it was determined that the "sleep" function works ONLY in the single image art mode. SLEEP FUNCTION DOES NOT WORK IN SLIDESHOW MODE AND WAS NOT INTENDED TO. This could be corrected - if they choose - in a software update. Maybe this helps explain your issue. Good luck.

technigma
First Poster
Options

Thank you!! I had been having the same issue for several months.  After turning off Slideshow mode, the TV falls asleep and wakes up properly in art mode!  FURTHERMORE, I discovered that if I set the Slideshow delay to something longer than the Sleep delay, sleep will work properly in Slideshow mode.  I set my Slideshow delay to 10 minutes and Sleep to 5 and sleep and motion sensing are now working properly with slideshow mode on.  Apparently changing the picture every 3 minutes was resetting the motion sensor timer so the TV would never fall asleep. 

0 Likes