Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 21-03-2023 06:26 PM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
rktchip
Journeyman
Options

Thank you. I tried that already.

I also tried changing my phone to not use a private MAC for the WiFi and tried removing the TV from Smartthings and tried everything all over again. My phone shows up in The Frame settings>general>external device manager>device connect manager>device list> as approved. I also tried removing all devices and tried everything again.

I also tried turning off my phone Mobile Data, put it in airplane mode, and the turned on WIFI, so the phone absolutely is only using the WiFi.

Keep in mind, the Smartthings App controls the Frame TV using it's "remote control" over WiFi.. and my phone can connect to the Frame TV to display content (like playing YouTube on Phone and then casting to the Frame TV). All that works fine.   

The Smartthings app just can't connect to the Art Mode features. It worked fine for years until what seems like a few months ago?

Anyone have more ideas? 

Do you think that Samsung disabled a feature on my 2017 Frame TV because they want me to buy a new one?

LesaR4704
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same problem and based on the date on this thread Samsung are taking their sweet time to resolve the issue. That's if they plan to resolve it at all. I agree with previous comments that this is poor customer service from what is supposed to be a premium brand. I recently had been looking at The Terrace, by Samsung, for our outdoor area. Now I'm rethinking it. Will likely go with another brand. Shame on Samsung for not paying attention to the needs of their customers. 

Members_ONMh7ZZ
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem with my s22.  Is there any word on a fix for this.  It's Samsung's own phone.

0 Likes
7Marcus7
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem. I tried the solution with switching on airplane mode and using WiFi only. I got the "ADD YOUR PHOTOS" option to no longer be greyed out, but clicking it did nothing. No reaction at all in the app. This is the reason for owning this TV. Unreal. 

LesaR4704
Apprentice
Options

Samsung fixed it! I just uploaded my photos to my Frame TV through the Smart Things app. Thank you Samsung!! 

0 Likes
rktchip
Journeyman
Options

Nothing changed for me. Still doesn't work. Smartthings support said they are reviewing my logs and will let me know.

0 Likes
ChristinaM1
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Tried all the fixes mentioned. Can connect to the TV from the app but cannot add art using art mode. My husband and I both have this problem on our Android phones.

Screenshot_20230415-111055.png

Samsung, please prioritize this fix.

0 Likes
smellysox1
Student
Options
It seems to be more common on iphones, but I even get it on my flip 4, so it has no influence from the OS or skin. It is quite infuriating samsung hasn't fixed this in 4 months, as it is quite widespread. I feel like in general, connecting to a frame with smart things seems to struggle, as up until recently, I haven't been able to even pair them, being stuck on it not thinking they are on the main network.
0 Likes
Liam Constantine
Apprentice
Options

Sounds like a scam to make customers subscribe to their photo gallery paid subscription- typical money grab from greedy corporations- No customer care

0 Likes
Liam Constantine
Apprentice
Options

Imagine creating a “picture frame tv”  where you can’t display your picture … what a scam

0 Likes