Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame TV : cannot add photos

(Topic created on: 01-02-2023 03:42 AM)
Frustrated7
Apprentice
Options

 I used to be able to add new photos to the Frame TV but now I can't... The option was greyed out for me without explanation...

4E4A6FC7-B0EE-416E-A9A9-0D04BF7A1D3C.png

107 REPLIES 107
tuk
Explorer
Options

Well the upside is that apparently it can be fixed by an update of the app, so it doesn't seem to be an actual issue with the TV. Looking forward to a fix for the Android app!

Tom Mia
First Poster
Options

Very frustrated by this. We've been struggling to get this to work for months - this is the main reason to buy the frame over a normal TV. 

Trying to upload art via Android - reinstalling the Smart things App doesn't work. 

What's the solution Samsung? 

somalley89
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me with multiple Android devices. Finally found a sequence that works consistently. I start by having my phone with both WIFI and cell network active. I open smartthings and select the Samsung Frame TV. Go into art mode and of course the My Album and My Page sections will be greyed out with "check network connection" message. Stay in art mode on your phone and now turn WIFI OFF - your phone will now be using your cellular data. Go up to the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select "update data" or "Art Mode Settings" and turn the brightness up and down. This will work with your cellular connection. Then turn airplane mode on which will turn off your WIFI. Turn your WIFI back on in Airplane mode and wait a few seconds - you will see the "My Album" populate back to purple and the "My Page become Active". You may have to select "allow" on the TV when your phone connects back up. Just turning WIFI on and off or turning Data off would not do it for me. It appears to be the process of the Art mode interacting with the 5G cell network and then switching back to WIFI that triggers the system to recognizing its actually on the same network as the TV. Hope this helps

Scotttyuk
First Poster
Options

This actually worked, thank you. Now surely Samsung can't look at this find a solution? As a new user this shouldn't be so hard to achieve, I have a normal android phone and I have a brand new frame tv, it should just 'work'

jofae
Student
Options

Wow....I guess I need to ask Samsung to promote you. What a work around. Unfortunately my frame and my phone are currently separate due to travels but your solution seems cool..thanks for finding it.

MikeFB
First Poster
Options

Having the same problem with a brand new 75 inch Frame uploading from iPhone. Upload worked fine last night, now zip. Just a timeout. Checked links and all seem ok. 

0 Likes
Bizybee
Student
Options

I have a new Samsung 75 frame and have had no luck putting my photos up using iphone

very disappointing samsung

Aterryx
Student
Options

Go into your TV settings to the Device Connect settings. Remove any devices that are not allowed and/or your current phone. It should request to connect with your phone and you should select "allow"

Just did this with my wife's phone. She was mad she couldn't change the art. 

rktchip
Journeyman
Options

Is there any solutions to this?

Samsung Frame 2017

Google Pixel 7 Pro

Can't access art mode settings or change photos. Smartthings tells me to be on the same wifi network. I am and it's not working.

0 Likes
Aterryx
Student
Options

It's an issue with the TV settings on your Frame. Go to settings>general>external device manager>device connect manager>device list>edit then remove your phone. When you go back into the smarthings app it should request to allow your device on the frame. Had this issue forever and recently fixed it.

0 Likes