Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 08:16 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
Vest
Explorer
Options

Well, Carl; it has been six months and 78 more posts about the same issue. Can you give us an update please? 

I can't imagine this would be a complicated task for a competent software engineer.

jmicklos
Student
Options

This is infuriating. These TVs are not cheap. You have a clear set of requirements from your customers. Random photo selection is _not_ difficult. Default frame settings should _not_ be difficult. This is functionality that should have been expected in the initial release of the TV – especially given the fact that this is the very main selling point and differentiating factor for the TV in the first place. You are clearly ignoring your customers. Heck – as a software engineer, can I get access to your firmware and just do this for you? Samsung, please get your act together. 

spesyalist
First Poster
Options

also; slide show sequence duration should be adjusted in seconds too, now it is minimum 10 mins

Vest
Explorer
Options

This would be funny if it wasn't so sad..... Samsung sends me happy little notes about how my "contribution" to the "Samsung community" has received so much attention. I now have badges for number of likes and and number of replies to my post. Obviously they never read the thread and have an algorithm to do that stuff instead of an actual human monitor.

tschini
First Poster
Options

Bought a nice Frame 4.0, couldn't believe there is no random slideshow option and no way to upload pictures directly from my pc... What a joke, especially since this topic is open since over two years and no one at Samsung cares.

maigaard
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I also bought the Frame for the art feature, wanting to run a slide show of my images.

But the fact that it cannot randomise the images (always starting at the first one) is incredibly annoying and renders it fairly irrelevant...

Any news on this:

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence

?

0 Likes
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

THEY'VE DONE IT!

My Frame updated and has slideshow shuffle, a recent photos tab, and a cleaner menu. I can also resume the slides how from its last position.

Not everything, but a huge leap!

Vest
Explorer
Options

That's great. How did you do it? Was there an update notice?

LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

I literally just noticed the new feature, so I'm not sure when it happened.

You can manually invoke an update with: Settings > Support > Software Update.   Mine says it's on version 2016.

The full version (under About TV) is T-NKMAKUC-2016.1, BT-S

jmicklos
Student
Options

Which model do you have? Which firmware update did you get? Did you have to do anything specific :smiling-face: ? I have a QN55LS03RAFXZA and it hasn't updated yet. 

0 Likes