Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 14-07-2019 08:16 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
MarkieMarky
First Poster
Options

When does this happen? I think that is happening to me, I set the slideshow at 10 mins but then after a while it seems to either freeze or maybe have a really long transition. Maybe this happens when the TV shuts off automatcally when it detects no movement, and then when it later detects movement i think we have to reset to 10 mins. 

Dylan20
Apprentice
Options

100% agree with all of these suggestions. When does the R&D team think these can be deliered!?

Vest
Explorer
Options

Hello, Samsung? Anybody there?

jeddog
Apprentice
Options

No there not there. I haven't seen any post responded from a Samsung person. No very good. 

jcrossley
First Poster
Options

Hello all, I registered just to add an emphatic +1 to this. Randomized selections and left/right to change image would make this TV much more useful.

Hawkian
Journeyman
Options

Yeah- still unbelievable there has been no progress on this. 

jeddog
Apprentice
Options
If I had of known how ***** Samsung was in support and the ***** software of the frame I wouldn’t have bought on. Don’t get me started on “ambient mode” that was advertised but was not delivered.
Larryo73
Student
Options

any updates on these issues yet?

0 Likes
Larryo73
Student
Options

has there been any updates to these issues yet?

0 Likes
GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options
Don’t hold your breath Larry... and probably don’t buy one if you’re still thinking about it!