Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 08:22 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
LysolPionex
Explorer
Options

Let's bring some public attention to it! I've tweeted about it

https://twitter.com/LysolPionex/status/1305656049551192064?s=19

Go like/retweet and then tweet yourself and share it here so we can like/retweet! Maybe take a video of it too. 

Louuisc
Apprentice
Options

The most absurd part is, mine is the frame 2017 UA65LA003, and it doesn't even support ANY slideshow feature at all!! 

This has puzzled me for a while and I thought it's just me couldn't find the feature. 

As other have pointed out, Samsung abandons old year models as soon as the new year model ships, not even with the basic feature upgrades.  Doesn't care at all. 

I spent a fortune on this TV. Probably the most disgraceful company in the history. 

Shocking! 

Efstratios
Apprentice
Options

Hi Samsung,

any official response on these feature requests?

It has been 14 months since the thread was started and my brand new Samsung TheFrame 2020 (43") still suffers from an inadequate slideshow implementation. 

We should be able to

a. start the slideshow from any image in a collection

b. shuffle (or randomize) a collection

c. skip next/prev image in a collection

d. set the default mount for a collection

e. apply a mount across a selection of images

f. repeat the slideshow forever

Also the 0.5GB memory limitation is a joke. This TV is an internet device! It should be able to load images from a cloud-based photo album such as lightroom/flickr/google photos/etc. 

I am still optimistic the Samsung product team will understand that it is letting down a fanatic following that are its best ambassadors.

GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options

Haha, you’re joking right?!

A couple years in, a few model updates, a few firmware updates, no sign of improvement or even acknowledgement of an inadequate product, and you’re STILL optimistic?  Good for you!  LOL

Their marketing team is obviously better than our collective voice of dissatisfaction, so IMO just return it...  you can buy a regular TV and 2 NetGear Meural’s for the price of one of these.

0 Likes
cjj189
First Poster
Options
these would be great. especially the first one as currently, after a while, the slideshow becomes a bit pointless
0 Likes
hel2
First Poster
Options

Hello!
I agree that the possibility to start a RANDOM slideshow is a must on a device that is as new and state-of-the-art as the samsung frame. On my 2020 model this is still not available.
Another thing that I would appreciate is to be able to upload a whole batch of pictures from a USB device and not having to select them all one by one.
A similar thing - changing functions by batch or folder - would be great when it comes to the function of selecting the frame option for the pictures that I want to have in the slideshow. Right now it's a lot of a work and time to select them all individually and select the same type of frame (or "no frame" which is the funcion I love the most because it shows the pictures best).
Thanks in advance for considering these improvements!

Chris8197
First Poster
Options

For over a year, your customers have asked you to add a random/shuffle option to the slideshow feature...  I agree it’s an essential feature, without it the slideshow is redundant.

I’ve just bought a £2k tv from you. After facing this issue myself and seeing how you’ve ignored your customers.. I think you ought to have it back.

TomWoll
First Poster
Options

It's slighty believable that a randomised slideshow cannot start automatically. This limitation should be made clear in the marketing material as it's just an expected function of something that advertises itself as being able to show photos.

For the price of these televisions this is basic functionality. 

Other basic features that are needed include the ability to remove apps I don't want. I am not a fan of Apple TV and don't want it forces on me. Similar with other apps. All apps should be able to be removed

Joepa
First Poster
Options

This is indeed absurt. 

Samsung, please listen to your customers. 

0 Likes
Marc6911
First Poster
Options

Why is Samsung not listening to their premium customers?

I bought the 65" FRAME for my company in 2017 and was wondering already about the missing features in the

Slideshow mode (shuffle, skip to next, etc.) and the extreme small memory for pictures.

Now I just bought the 75" FRAME 2020 model for my home and could not believe that nothing has been changed/improved here. Samsung: I spend big money for your stuff and expect premium products. I really like the FRAME, but seeing such an ignorant behaviour, I am considering to change the brand in the future.

LISTEN TO YOUR CUSTOMERS, PLEASE !!!!