Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 03:09 PM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
Vest
Explorer
Options
No movement and it shuts off. When it detects movement it starts again... with the first picture. Unless it's in a busy spot you basically have a one picture slideshow.
0 Likes
kooshball
First Poster
Options

It's under 'my collection'. You have to get to the view that shows all your photos on a grid, not the view where you see 1 photo at a time. you'll see 'options' up top. that's where 'rotation' is for me. 

@GeckoSquish wrote:

I can't even find the slideshow feature on my new QN65LS03RAFXZA, nor can samsung answer any questions about it it seems, very frustrating!  Instead of improving it they've just removed it...?  If so, it'll be going back!

0 Likes
Snoopy7666
Apprentice
Options

Samsung??? Why are you not doing this update?? Its past years and nothing happen, looks like you dont listen customers 😢😢

GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options

Yep, they couldn't care less!  Best thing I can think of to do is simply go everywhere you can find and leave an honest review about how terrible the experience has been.  Enough people do this and they might finally pay attention from the sales numbers...

Vest
Explorer
Options

I left a review here and at B&H where I bought it. For good measure I left a review on Amazon too. Haven't heard a peep from Samsung though.

0 Likes
pesch
Explorer
Options

Wow, Samsung is really just sitting it out here! All we are asking for are minor improvements... no word from Samsung so far on this topic and the mods seem to ignore this thread. Well... maybe next time buying expensive stuff I might not lean towards Samsung when it comes to choose a brand.

Msea
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I can't believe there has been no response from Samsung or the mods. I understood that Samsung are poor at extending support and development for legacy products, however this is still the current model, I'm guess a new model will be coming soon. As someone else suggested, we should share this experience and lack of slide show functionality on various review sites and Twitter. 

Vest
Explorer
Options
That was last year. We still haven't seen any updates. There are five pages in this thread all begging for a simple update to the slideshow feature that will actually allow the set to be used to show artwork faster than one photo every ten minutes. That's a very simple code change.
GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options

I started a new thread with all the basic functionality requests I could find, here and elsewhere.
Hopefully it gets some attention again...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/FRAME-TV-Feature-Request-correction-DEMANDS/m-p/1823338#M4331...

Montiff1
Student
Options

Thanks GeckoSquish!

I think another poster has it right we need to take to the review sites or twitter to try to get someones attention at Samsung.