Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame Slideshow feature request

(Topic created on: 01-12-2019 09:16 AM)
JR15
Student
Options

Hello, I have had The Frame in my living room for a little while now, and I have found that the slideshow desperately needs the following features: 

• Randomize the Slideshow Sequence - When showing a collection, the sequence always starts at the beginning of the collection. We need to be able to randomize the order in which the art is being shown so that it doesn't always start with the same thing. 

• Skip to the next picture - During the Slideshow, the ability to skip to the previous or next picture would be highly useful. We should be able to use the currently unassigned Left or Right arrow buttons to do this. Sometimes when viewing, .e.g a curated collection, something will come that is undesireable, or sometimes it can even scary for my children! When this happens, my only recourse is to start the collection over again from the first slide. 

• Set a default mode for the Mat. I don't like the virtual frames that get put around the pictures. In some cases it looks ridiculous and totally unconvincing. I would like to default the Mat to only fill the whole frame, no digital whitespace around it. Having to set this on a picture by picture basis is not good. If the picture cannot fill the frame, then I do not want to show it. 
133 REPLIES 133
CarlH
Options

Hi @JR15. I have passed these suggestions on to our R&D team.

Bil1
Apprentice
Options
Those are key features,

I would love to see those 3 coming I don't understand it's still not there... (that, and the fact that Rakuten/Samsung Plus TV are killing the power on of my TV and I am forced to use tricks to disable them at DNS level)

So yes, regarding the frame mode, Random + Manual skip to the next photo + Apply background to all pictures at once are KEY FEATURES !!

thanks in advance
GeckoSquish
Explorer
Options

I can't even find the slideshow feature on my new QN65LS03RAFXZA, nor can samsung answer any questions about it it seems, very frustrating!  Instead of improving it they've just removed it...?  If so, it'll be going back!

teamore
Student
Options

Hi there,

I also dearly like my two newly purchased TheFrame television sets (43" and 55") and, being a photographer, I intensively use the art mode for presenting my artworks.

Some improvement requests:

* Like others, I would like to have the slideshow be able to start from another than the first image and

* it would be good if I could skip to the next/previous image during the slideshow without the rotation being interrupted

* I am also missing a sort of permanent slideshow setting, i.e with this setting active, the art mode is permanently presented with an endless slideshow, playing back all images marked as favorites with the predefined rotation time and always resuming to the last previously shown image once returning to the Art Mode

* A little more memory storage for own images would also be appreciated

Please consider these suggestions and keep up the good work. The Frame is a truly excellent piece of technology.

Cheers, teamore

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @teamore ,

thanks for taking time to share this here. I will ensure that this is passed on to the relevant time.

Have a nice weekend!

teamore
Student
Options

Hi there,

I dearly like my two newly purchased TheFrame television sets (43" and 55") and, being a photographer, I intensively use the art mode for presenting my artworks.

Some improvement requests:

* Like others, I would like to have the slideshow be able to start from another than the first image and

* it would be good if I could skip to the next/previous image during the slideshow without the image rotation being interrupted permanently

* I am also missing a sort of permanent slideshow setting, i.e with this setting active, the art mode were permanently presented in an endless slideshow, playing back all images marked as favorites with the predefined rotation time and always resuming with the last previously shown image once returning to the Art Mode

* A little more memory storage for own images would also be appreciated

* Furthermore, the definition of image frames is a bit cumbersome. I would like to have the possibility of defining a default framing setting that is afterwards applied to all images which do not have an individual frame setting.

Please consider these suggestions and keep up the good work. Apart from

these improvement suggestions, I appreciate having my Frame-TVs an regard the product a truly excellent piece of technology.

Cheers, teamore

Emilano
Apprentice
Options

Must have / key feature in order to get the best out of the frame 

Digs
Apprentice
Options

I agree with all of the above. The art mode on the Frame is great, but the slideshow functionality severely hampers its appeal. It would be good to have:

* Randomise the Slideshow, so it doesn't always start at the first picture

* Skip to next/previous picture

* Quickly show picture details. I often see a painting I like, and want to know more: currently you have to stop the slideshow, go into painting details, and then restart the slideshow - at the beginning, not where you left off! If you select the picture which was showing, then it just shows that one permanently, not in slideshow mode. The ability to overlay picture details on the painting while keeping the slideshow running would be a big improvement.

Otherwise, it's great!

Lanceloz
Apprentice
Options
Absolutely agree. These features are a must.