Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame Bezel. Are VG-SCFN43DP/XC and VG-SCFT43BW/XC the same colour?

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 02:00 PM)
kingandaval
Journeyman
Options

Are VG-SCFN43DP/XC and VG-SCFT43BW/XC the same colour? We have ordered VG-SCFT43BW/XC and it almost looks black!!! The old bezel looks on the website like it is a much nicer colour

Does anyone know?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
kingandaval
Journeyman
Options

So no, they’re not the same colour, but they also are. 

I managed to get a walnut 2017-2019 bezel... which fits the 2020 just fine!

firstly, it’s made of metal and not plastic. I put the two side by side and the difference is night and day. The 2020 bezels have a painted grain effect but the 2017-2019 bezels actually have grain as part of the metal. The light reflects differently and therefore it actually looks better. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@kingandaval: I can see what you mean, however it may be down to the materials used in each model, with the VG-SCFN43DP/XC using plastic/PVC sheet, while the VG-SCFT43BW/XC uses plastic/hot stamping, according to the specs. It does appear to be a dark brown, and I'm sure it will look the part when you get hands on with it. 

0 Likes
kingandaval
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL Just put it on The Frame and my wife is convinced it's too dark!

I think she may have seen a friend's previous The Frame which had a 2019 Walnut Brown bezel. Ah well, it is what it is!

0 Likes
Solution
kingandaval
Journeyman
Options

So no, they’re not the same colour, but they also are. 

I managed to get a walnut 2017-2019 bezel... which fits the 2020 just fine!

firstly, it’s made of metal and not plastic. I put the two side by side and the difference is night and day. The 2020 bezels have a painted grain effect but the 2017-2019 bezels actually have grain as part of the metal. The light reflects differently and therefore it actually looks better. 

0 Likes