Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2022) Backlight Bleeding Issue

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 09:10 AM)
bakerson
Apprentice
Options

I recently bought the 55" Frame Tv (2022 ) that has the backlight bleeding issue.

It isn't very pleasant while watching a movie. So I contacted tech support and ran the picture test, but none of the cases covers this issue. His advice was to lower the brightness, but it was set to 30 when I took these photos.

I requested a replacement, but the new one will probably have the same.

It looks like overtighten screws or a force behind the panel causes it.

I love the 2022 version of the frame tv, but this issue makes me feel regret buying it 

Screenshot 2022-05-30 113629.png

IMG_2744 (1).jpg 

20 REPLIES 20
J_f1
First Poster
Options

Same, particularly white bottom left corner and then purple/green blotches around the center. The quality for dark images or credits is really unacceptable. 

AndrewL
Options

@bakerson: If you're watching the TV with the lights off, then please try heading to Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Adaptive Picture, and toggle this option off. Furthermore, head to Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Local Dimming, and set this to Low. Now, head to Settings > General > Power and Energy Saving > Brightness Optimisation > Off. Let me know if this helps. 

bakerson
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL Thanks for the suggestion.

I changed the setting as you suggested except the local dimming which is not available under expert settings. These changes reduced the backlight a bit but backlight bleeding is still visible on the left side of the screen

C1EEA994-29A8-45D9-962C-61D28AADA0C9.jpeg

F65072F8-0448-48D5-871F-9E702AE68F87.jpeg

1993F5CC-C806-450D-8E6C-D1EE05694DE6.jpeg

finalerm
Student
Options

Same happened to me on my 75” (2022). Doesn’t appear right away but after some extended viewing. So bummed I really liked the TV but made things unwatchable 

A9FBB619-BE70-49E8-AA52-3430AC4561E8.jpeg

B69FF5E7-7625-40EE-9A53-19E4A7BBDAC2.jpeg

C631A3E6-3469-412E-AC68-59AE7CEC6254.jpeg

Edson88
First Poster
Options

I've ran into this issue as well (55" 2022), besides the software being very buggy. Corners aren't too bad during normal viewing (tolerable, if that's a thing for a plus $1500 TV), but the four blotches near the middle of the display are super distracting. I've contacted support, sent pictures and all, but they say it's not an issue. Requested a technician to have a look at it, at the risk of having to pay for the evaluation if no issue is found.

Had the panel on my previous Q90T changed for way less, so hopefully the technician is more reasonable than the support response I've gotten so far.

Picture looks a bit exaggerated due to phone camera, but not too far off.

frame2022.jpg

0 Likes
Max1232
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue and support is reluctant to help. It’s the four cloudy blotches that are so distracting and I can’t grasp my head around how this cant be a serious product error. According to support there is no issue with the tv. Do you still have the four blotches? 

0 Likes
Deokant
First Poster
Options

Same here. It just happend 10 days after buying it so did replacment. Now aftre one year it is surfacing again. Samsung guys keep saying that will replace the pannel but not getting the fixed solution for this. 

Like you I am also regretting on buying this TV.  

Its really frustrating and disappointing  aftre investing huge money on this.

0 Likes
Edson88
First Poster
Options

I've had a technician look at the TV multiple times, bring it in for monitoring, and open it up at least three times to check things (not related to the clouding), change various parts (not the panel itself), and even change the back cover which, from what we suspect, had deformed due to heat from the cpu. Was budging inwards just above the center of the TV.

After all this, the blotches aren't as prominent as before, but def. still there if only sliiightly less intense.

Still staying in touch with support since, by recommendation from the technician, solving one issue at a time is for the best. Right now I'm trying to get to the bottom with why hdmi/anynet is a buggy mess. Starting my PS5 with the controller (with the TV in standby with art in sleep mode) sometimes just lights up the art mode, and in the background my PS5 is shutting down seconds after it booted up. Same thing happens with my AppleTV.

0 Likes
GZ84
Student
Options

Having the same problem here with The Frame 65", the very same day I installed it.

I called Samsung Mexico and they claim it is a sign of the TV's good health and that the cloud effect will diminish with time.  I insisted they send a technician, at the risk that they charge me if the issue is not related to factory defects. 

This is a major mistake by Samsung considering that it is such an expensive and otherwise nice TV. What other options do we have? @bakerson 

0 Likes