Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2022 Art Mode Does Not Shut Off

(Topic created on: 08-06-2022 12:20 AM)
Anthony4478
Student
Options

Ok Samsung needs to really do something about this. This is an ongoing problem. They charge all this money and feature does not work. There close to a class action lawsuit. 

I bought the new 2022 Frame and like most people I heard from most of features don’t work, like shutting off coming in ect. I set my art setting to sleep mode after 5 min doesn’t work art mode will stay on all night. I tried everything still does not work. Either this gets fixed or I want a full refund. Very dissatisfied and disappointed with the money I shelled out. The tv does not meet what it’s supposed to do. 

34 REPLIES 34
SamNotSure
Student
Options

I agree, my Frame 2022 Sleep Mode worked for a few weeks and now no longer sleeps, the tv just stays on all the time, very frustrating.  Apparently, Samsung does not monitor this community as one would hope they would leave some information on this. I hope this gets resolved.

tuk
Explorer
Options

Same here. Kind of worked before (not Night mode since that's obviously broken). Recently updated to firmware 1420.9 and installed the teak frame. Now the TV doesn't go to sleep anymore. Very annoying for such an expensive TV, even more so with the current energy crisis and prices in Europe.

Members_nLz4R09
First Poster
Options

I have both problems that have been referred to here:

1. Neither a timer setting or night mode turn the art mode screen off. Used to but not now and the TV is very new

2. Infuriated that every time I want to use the TV I have to reset the sound so that it uses both the TV and Soundbar as in Q-Symphony mode. 

All in all, my view is that the UX for the set is completely opaque with different ways to get to settings depending on mode. Even then the Art mode settings being buried way down a load of rubbish. Samsung need to go on a crash course with Amazon who have cracked how to use a remote in an intuitive and elegant way. 

If the sensor is broken then that is hardly consoling as to the quality of the hardware. Rather like the chepa and nasty screws to put up the otherwise elxcellent wal bracket. 

dojmaestro
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue with the 2022 55" Frame, and for me it seems that the additional bezel is blocking the motion sensor (in the little black nubbin on the bottom right of the TV).  When I remove the bottom section of the bezel the "Sleep After" works as expected, but with it on Art Mode stays on permanently.  May help some folks with an intermediate fix, but it's not ideal long-term.

0 Likes
Unclekeg
Apprentice
Options

A logical debug step but didn't work for me.  I've only seen this thing turn off on its own after, first finally updating the firmware, and again after toggling the timeout settings.  I have NEVER seen it worrk twice in a row.  If I reset the command box, it will work once. ie, it will shut off after set time, wake up on motion and then never shut off again.  Samsung can make some great hardware, software not so much and their support silence in these forums is as telling as it is maddening. 

jideo
First Poster
Options

I have the 2022 Samsung 65”, I’ve been experiencing the same issues as you all.  Here is a solution for those that want to keep their tv. I’ve had this setup for over a month now and it’s working pretty well.

Purchase an Aeotec smart home hub and two Aeotec Smartthings motion sensor to use with the Smartthings app. Total cost $215. 

You need two motion sensors because there is no way for the Smartthings app to detect that you are actually watching tv. Therefore after no motion for x amount of time, the tv shuts off. So place the first sensor near your tv watching area so it can sense movement and stay on.

The one benefit of this setup is you can place the second sensor anywhere, I have it in my hallway.

Another solution is getting the Deco frame sensor. I have not tried it but looks promising and it is cheaper.

Dodd1
First Poster
Options

It's a real shame. I already had a 43" 2020 model and this worked absolutely perfectly. Hence why I purchased the 2022 50" model. Same issues, I have tried every combination and nothing. I got Samsung to replace the tv.  This one seems better but it's not as quick at detecting movements. So quite slow to turn on.

i will continue to monitor. However it it fails the set will be going back for refund. I can buy an equally good tv without the picture feature for a lot less.

Austin N
Apprentice
Options

Same thing just started happening to my 75” 2022 Frame! I am infuriated to hear it’s such a common problem. This is an expensive, niche product and apparently that have 0 quality control. I have tried every reset, leaving it unplugged for a whole day, etc and still nothing. Love the product, but very disappointed in its performance. 

zulusound
Apprentice
Options

Yep, me too. My 2022 55” The Frame display does not ever turn off, I have it set to 5 minutes and hi motion detector. Firmware is up to date at Version 1420. 

Has anybody gotten their display shut off mode to work properly? Is there a hidden preference I need to check? Trying to figure out if I’m going to return this TV to Costco or not.  Is it a defective unit and some units work?

0 Likes
Jiddy
Journeyman
Options

Have a look at my earlier post. I was the same and it ended up being a faulty sensor. Took a massive effort to escalate through Samsung for them to send someone out and replace it. Seems like there’s a decent fraction of these that fail/don’t work out of the box. 

0 Likes