Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2022 Art Mode Does Not Shut Off

(Topic created on: 10-12-2022 10:33 PM)
Anthony4478
Student
Options

Ok Samsung needs to really do something about this. This is an ongoing problem. They charge all this money and feature does not work. There close to a class action lawsuit. 

I bought the new 2022 Frame and like most people I heard from most of features don’t work, like shutting off coming in ect. I set my art setting to sleep mode after 5 min doesn’t work art mode will stay on all night. I tried everything still does not work. Either this gets fixed or I want a full refund. Very dissatisfied and disappointed with the money I shelled out. The tv does not meet what it’s supposed to do. 

34 REPLIES 34
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
In eco mode is it set to stay on
G G
0 Likes
Noswar
First Poster
Options

Hold the power button down for 5 seconds

0 Likes
ChazM
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue. What did you try that didn't work? Did you ever get this resolved?

0 Likes
Anthony4478
Student
Options

Nope got so ***** fed up I gave up. Samsung sucks this issue should have been fixed long time ago. I’m so busy I just don’t have the time to jump through the hoops. It will be my last Samsung. I’ll stick to Sony 

Jiddy
Journeyman
Options

Couldn’t agree more with this. And support has been useless. “Factory reset, and update” are their solutions. 

my guess is the sensor isn’t even working. And night mode is even more useless. If it’s not full sun daylight, it switches off with no way to change sensitivity. 

going to keep pushing them but it’s such a shame such an awesome screen is failed by basic software and user experience design. 

Options

I have the same problem as well. Plus the fact that the soundbar does not start up when you start the TV. The reason is that the Art-mode makes the soundbar to be active when you switch off the TV so when you shall start the TV again the soundbar turns off... So the "Q-symphony" function does not work... To be able to hear the sound via the soundbar one has to reset the sound-settings each time on start-up... Extremely annoying and very disappointed indeed with Samsung's The Frame...

0 Likes
Jiddy
Journeyman
Options

An update. I kept chasing and got put through to higher tier service. After another hard reset and some testing, Samsung sent out a local technician. They replaced the motion sensor and the device now works as expected! I have it set to 5 min, low sensitivity, night mode off and it switches off any time of day if something isn’t moving. Sometimes I’ve even been so still on the couch it goes off. Long process but a good outcome. Seems like some of these sensors might just be broken. 

Unclekeg
Apprentice
Options

While this aounds encouraging it's also disappointing at the same time.  I'm wondering if Smartthings isn't the culprit with my situation. Going to remove the tv drom Smartthings and test. 

0 Likes
Jiddy
Journeyman
Options

I honestly doubt it’s smart things based on my experience. We tried every reset, removal in the book. They even remotely logged in and did a ‘technician reset’. 

when things don’t work like this, it’s often either a hardware failure or a poor design. My bet was the latter, but it seems like a dead sensor. 

that said, I now haven’t seen it blink off for a few days. But I haven’t properly tested it. 

0 Likes