Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

FMD, this is really starting to annoy me! I have two USB ports on the right of my One Connect box...none on the back and none on the left as mentioned by another poster. Different Frame screen sizes and different regions must have different One Connect boxes. My One Connect box says on the bottom 75Q95T, 75LS03 with the latter being the Frame. Model SOC1003AB

0 Likes
Nick Gee
Journeyman
Options

That sounds exactly the same as mine. I just plugged it into the front USB port on the right hand side.  It worked fine for me in that USB port.

0 Likes
AntonAntonAnton
Apprentice
Options

Thanks! It works for me also (75" the frame 2021)! Little hint: I don't have old remote. But I managed to enter to service menu with my old xiaomi cell phone, which has IR and free Samsung Remote App. 

0 Likes
lecmich
First Poster
Options

wow big Thanks, its working now!

0 Likes
johmm
First Poster
Options

I just got the 55 inch frame and experiencing the same issues for my PS5. What a joke this is by samsung, you would have thought an update would have been out by now ! 

I'll attempt to do the fix as noted above. Hopefully I can use my phone to get into the right service menu etc 

0 Likes
Nick Gee
Journeyman
Options

Hey mate, if it makes you feel any better. All of the hard work and research that everyone has done here actually resulted in a working solution.  I used the fix from here and haven't had any issues since. Working perfectly now and has been for the last month.

Rspec
Journeyman
Options

Ill save you some time by telling you, no you can't get into service menu with anything but the old style remote. I got mine off amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AQ6OWAG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

my key combo was 182 mute power if I remember right. 

Ggg2
First Poster
Options

Ok where do I get a old remote control?😭

0 Likes
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

Call Samsung support, Level 2 can remote in and apply the update according to the level 1 support I spoke to this weekend. The update is scheduled for tomorrow and if they can’t/don’t fix it it’s going back to the shop as I never got the USB patch process to work (unlike others here that seem to have had more success).

0 Likes
Rspec
Journeyman
Options

I linked it above on amazon. Don't call support it's a waste of your time. Even if they can do it, I spent 3 hours trying to convince them. So annoying