Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm also in Oz.

Could you please outline the steps you followed after launching the service menu?

Once it loaded I selected:

SVC > Upgrade > SUBMICOM JP USB UPGRADE

...which after clicking just shows "SUBMICOM JP USB UPGRADE.      Ready" by itself on the screen.

Clicking the Enter key on the remote doesn't seem to do anything so I'm confused how to get the update to actually run?

Thanks!

0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

Press right

0 Likes
SuperGrug
First Poster
Options

I've done that -- the "Ready" text changes from yellow to white and nothing happens 😞

0 Likes
Swimburger
First Poster
Options

1904.0 USB update is on their website
When I installed this through USB, I was able to see the Xbox One X video output again, and enable VRR + HDR.
I was able to still trigger some source not found issues, but it's more reliably showing video output.

0 Likes
C1oudraker
Journeyman
Options

Reformat your USB to exFAT and try it.

0 Likes
Rsmith12
Student
Options

I can confirm this works for me too in the UK. 

is anybody experiencing flickering in their games now? 

Specifically halo? 

anybody? 

0 Likes
jrober
Journeyman
Options

I see flickering in Halo with VRR on, when I turn off VRR it’s fine. The VRR flickering issues seems to affect many Samsung TVs (the frame included).

So far I’m just happy with it working on port 4 on game mode (4K/120 + HDR)!

0 Likes
Pops2012
First Poster
Options

Hey mate. Halo flickers at 120 but that’s a halo issue. Go to the in game video settings and set quality to performance. If you want the quality setting you have to run it at 60. I can’t tell the difference so went for performance to get the extra frames. 

0 Likes
RavenMark
Apprentice
Options

Firmware file from the german site fixed for me as well. Tested with Ori, Forza and Halo. All working 120hz 4k HDR.

I had to use this combo to get into the service menu "Info, Menu, Mute, Power". And yeah, strangely you don't hit enter to start the firmware upgrade, but hit right instead.

2021 65" The Frame

0 Likes
Nick Gee
Journeyman
Options

Hi everyone. Thanks for all of the information shared in this post.  I've also now successfully updated sub micom from 1225 to 1227.  I used the .bin file shared here. Put it on a USB (exfat) in the root directory on its own. Bought a $10 Amazon Samsung copy remote.  Got into the service menu by hitting INFO-MENU-MUTE-POWER. Went to SVC, Update, submicom JP USB, click enter, it said ready and then I clicked right. Update ran for about 60 seconds and all done.

XSX plays fine now. No disconnects at all so far. I'm still on FW 1903. although there's an update available for me to 1904 which I'm not rushing to install. 

2021 Frame 55" Australia.

0 Likes