Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 26-05-2021 12:36 AM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

Go to solution
403 REPLIES 403
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

And… After few hours it stopped working 

0 Likes
Stig_aus
Apprentice
Options

So mine seemed to work fine after L2 support reset the EDID. But then today I fully shut down my PS5 and then got the "Check Device Power" message when trying to turn the PS5 back on. Moved from HDMI 4 to another port and it worked fine at 60 FPS.

Updated the firmware to 1805 and it worked fine on HDMI 4 again, but I tested by turning the console fully off again and surprise surprise it gave the same error. 

Spoke to Samsung via live chat and have booked a technician to come and look at it, but I expect this is either a hardware or software design issue. If that's the case I'll be looking for a refund - its crazy that I can't even use HDMI 4 with my PS5 even at 60 FPS. 

Also tried changing to a certified HDMI 2.1 cable with no improvement.

I really love the design of this TV, but the software just doesn't seem to be up to scratch. Having lived with it now for a few months I'd now happily sacrifice the design for something that just works the way its supposed to.

0 Likes
Stig_aus
Apprentice
Options

Interestingly the Samsung Australia website for the 2021 65" Frame no longer has any reference to HDMI 2.1 Capability, so I'm guessing this is a known issue that they are unable to resolve for the 2021 model.

https://www.samsung.com/au/lifestyle-tvs/the-frame/ls03a-65-inch-the-frame-art-mode-4k-smart-tv-blac...

0 Likes
CalumH
Explorer
Options

Also here : https://www.samsung.com/au/support/tv-audio-video/gaming-with-samsung-smart-tvs/

No mention of any frame tvs supporting hdmi 2.1!

0 Likes
UCCreed
First Poster
Options

That would be a fraud .. mine since the day before yesterday after the update also no longer port 4, he no longer recognizes the Xbox any other port yes 😡

0 Likes
synnerg
First Poster
Options

Was really hopeful the new firmware would fix things but now got a tech booked to come out and take a look. Figuring they won't be able to do anything but I'm running the 75inch and it's up on the wall with the special slim fit kit. As terrible as it is, even if I get a refund, I don't know what Samsung models I can then have faith in, but I don't want to put new holes in the wall for a different kit.

Besides fix the actual box, I don't think there's much Samsung can do that won't leave a foul taste in my mouth at this point.

0 Likes
UCCreed
First Poster
Options

called the support team installed new software via usb .. no improvement .. hdmi 4 does not work .. nothing is known at samsung .. a technician should come .. 

0 Likes
eternity365
Journeyman
Options

This has gone way too far now. They are not fixing it while the model is new. I can't expect them to fix this issue when the model gets old. Within a few months a new The Frame TV will launch. If they don't fix it now then they never will.

Anyone willing to file a class action lawsuit?

0 Likes
ArreBarre
Apprentice
Options

Im with you 100% this make me pis…. Of i buy a new Tv i want everything to work !! 

0 Likes
brennschluss
Student
Options

I managed it to work by setting energy saving mode in xbox series x. 120ghz and HDR10 now working fine, just plug xbox in other port, go to settings, power mode & startup then change power mode from instant on to energy saving. The problem is in HDCP, for some reason it blocks video-signal in game mode with HDMI2.1

0 Likes