Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

The Frame (2021), Xbox Series X and Firmware 1506

(Topic created on: 29-12-2021 06:46 PM)
BrontoTaurus
Explorer
Options

Hi everyone!

We got 2x The Frame 65" 2021 and 2x Xbox Series X.

Two days ago one frame suddenly stopped working with the HDMI "Game Port".

The day after the other one experienced the same and now none of the TV's HDMI "Game Port" works with the Xbox. TV's just displays a "check input power source" message.

Connecting the XBOX to another HDMI-port works fine.

I checked the latest firmware @ Samsung support page and it says 1506 was made available last week, so my hypothesis is that it breaks "HDMI Game-port" functionality when using the xbox series x 4k/120hz.

I've played around with disabling VRR, HDR etc. on the xbox to no avail. Also had Samsung support remove into the TVs and first reset EDID(?) and then full factory reset.

Didn't fix the issue.

Currently using another HDMI for the Xbox but would prefer to get it back into the GAME-port as this supposedly provides a better picture and VRR-support etc.

Anyone got ideas? :smiling-face: 

403 REPLIES 403
Rspec
Journeyman
Options

So annoying. Happened to my Xbox series x. Brand new frame 55" bought 3 weeks ago. Game port 4 doesn't work. But port 1 through 3 work all at 4k 120hz/120fps while gaming. 

0 Likes
Álvaro Contente
Apprentice
Options

But without HDR + VRR

0 Likes
Daldridgeshot
First Poster
Options

Same issue here no solution, if tried calling the help line and chat without success. Is there a way to describe or error code to share to shortcut the have you turned it on and off again conversation.

0 Likes
Members_XNCGVU9
First Poster
Options

Hello,

same issue here... it's really frustrating to discover that the issue has not been solved months after the launch of the TV. I will write to support, hopefully a firmware update is soon planned to fix this.

0 Likes
Gwech74
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, the note is in french. A solution to our problem is coming soon👍

E84A8949-126B-44B2-8B3E-5F00E7717EAE.jpeg

brennschluss
Student
Options

Thank you for good news!

0 Likes
Max59270
Journeyman
Options

Hello

I am French, can you give me the link to this update. I’ll be back to tell you if it’s really ok.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shpounz
Pioneer
Options

The update must be installed by the customer service through a hidden menu. I received the files today but the support was not able to do the update... To be continued in the next episode. If you are French you can also check this page: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/télévisions/souci-xbox-series-x-et-the-frame-75/td-p/4016092/pag...

0 Likes
TRV13E
Journeyman
Options

Sorry to be that guy, but…

I also got this files 2 month ago, didnt suceed to install, Samsung TECH come to my house, after 4 hours also failed. He called me few days ago and told that files that Samsung gave to him are not for the frame 

0 Likes
Jasonn757
Student
Options
I had been having the same issue as reported, had tried Xbox series s and a ps5 on hdmi 4 and had not worked with vsync HDR and 120hz however would work at 1080p on hdmi 4 and at 4k on hdmi 1-3. Had been on to a very helpful member of the Samsung support team and he pointed me towards an update 1808.1 on the website. I have done the update and for me this seems to have fixed the issue on hdmi 4. Have tried the ps5 and Xbox and both seem to be working correctly, however need to continue testing to see if it goes back. But for now I have full functionality on hdmi port 4.
0 Likes