Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 White faint bars in different Picture modes

(Topic created on: 26-10-2021 10:12 AM)
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

I'm having some issues with the new 2021 The Frame 43". I noticed some faint horizontal bars in darker content and was able to narrow it down to the different picture modes. When in Dynamic, its has a single chunky faint bar in the center of the screen, when in natural or standard mode, the bar gets wider and narrower and is moving around depending on the content and its brightness. Filmmakers mode has multiple lines across the screen. The lines don't appear in Movie mode but the colour profile is too warm. The moment I change the colour profile manually in Movie mode, the lines are back. Any suggestions on how to fix this as its pretty obvious.  Thank you.

These lines only appear in Filmmakers modeThese lines only appear in Filmmakers modeThis slight bar is fixed in Dynamic modeThis slight bar is fixed in Dynamic mode

25 REPLIES 25
Mescalamba
Pioneer
Options

Probably backlight inconsistency.

0 Likes
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

Well the screen was replaced. Everything was fine for a few days and they're back again. I really wish I could return it and buy another brand - or two, since this TV is a great deal of Money

0 Likes
Members_UY0jgFn
First Poster
Options

Same issue here  

FA33E8BA-6FDA-40BC-9F38-6368A1B870C0.jpeg

F1CBD10E-5730-4A97-A221-DA05617689C5.jpeg

dr-s
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. Returned my tv to get a replacement which now shows the same faint lines. Also 43" The Frame. 

The lines indeed do seem to move based on the color background so seems more to be a software issue instead of a hardware one?

Any updates from Samsung?

Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

I had the screen replaced twice now. New display doesn't have the lines but some insane patchy background lighting Samsung refuses to repair. Anyway. Engineer said I should see if the lines reappear (they did after the first replacement). Apparently it could also be the cable or the power supply. Let's see.

My conclusion is: DONT BUY THEIR TVS.

If you have the chance to get a refund, take it.

Howard7
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone has had any luck with this issue. I have a 43” Samsung with these lines appearing in certain scenes identical to the screenshots posted on this thread.

One thing that I have noticed is that these were showing quite clearly on the exit page (are you sure you want to leave etc) of Now TV…..instead of choosing leave or stay. If I bring up the Samsung Hub or go to settings and bring up say Brightness for example…..the lines completely vanish. The problem is if you close the hub or settings they come back again. I am no expert in these matters but wonder if anyone has any ideas. Thanks 

dr-s
Journeyman
Options

Hi Howard, 
I still have the same issue, it does not seem to get better or worse.
It's identical to your findings. In some scenes or apps it does not show at all, in dark scenes it's very clear, and sometimes they even seem to move when opening another app.
It seems to be more of a software issue vs a hardware issue and only related to 43" models. I replaced mine and got a new tv with the same issue.. Did you buy your tv recently or is it also the 2021 model? Anyone here with a 2022 model? 

Howard7
Journeyman
Options

Hi dr-s. Thank you for the quick reply. It’s a 2021 model bought in July 2021. Unfortunately just after we bought it we had one family crisis after another and has to spend a few months abroad so the TV was only set up a month or so ago and is out of warranty. I’ve tried adjusting every setting, replaced cables, reset to factory settings…..all without any success. Presumably if it’s a software issue it could be fixed with a software update? but Samsung don’t seem to be in hurry to fix it. Weirdly they appear on most apps (regardless if they are the inbuilt apps or via a Firestick) but the lines never appear on Netflix or YouTube but do show up on Disney and Prime.

dr-s
Journeyman
Options

I also tried replacing the wires on the one connect box etc, but does not make a change. When I reached out to Samsung, under warranty, they asked to ship them the TV for repairs.. However in these comments there were people who got their tv back even worse afterwards (as most likely it's a software issue..), so haven't risked it.. 

0 Likes
Howard7
Journeyman
Options

Don’t blame you…there’s no way I would send it off…in all likelihood the lines would just return as others have said. Unfortunately I can only see 3 options - put up with it, hope for a software update  that may never come or buy a new TV (most certainly NOT Samsung) realistically it’s probably going to have be put up with it for the time being but I’m really disappointed with Samsung and their lack of service so will go with one of their competitors when I do replace it.

0 Likes