Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 White faint bars in different Picture modes

(Topic created on: 27-10-2021 01:02 PM)
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

I'm having some issues with the new 2021 The Frame 43". I noticed some faint horizontal bars in darker content and was able to narrow it down to the different picture modes. When in Dynamic, its has a single chunky faint bar in the center of the screen, when in natural or standard mode, the bar gets wider and narrower and is moving around depending on the content and its brightness. Filmmakers mode has multiple lines across the screen. The lines don't appear in Movie mode but the colour profile is too warm. The moment I change the colour profile manually in Movie mode, the lines are back. Any suggestions on how to fix this as its pretty obvious.  Thank you.

These lines only appear in Filmmakers modeThese lines only appear in Filmmakers modeThis slight bar is fixed in Dynamic modeThis slight bar is fixed in Dynamic mode

25 REPLIES 25
Sunny54G00
Journeyman
Options

Hiya - on the same boat too with model Samsung QE43Q65A (2021)

Getting the same bars when going through various picture setting - the screenshot i have attached is from Standard Picture view on a grey background  

Not sure if this is normal behaviour seeing that it's also happening to you?

IMG_3832.PNG

Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

Good to know I'm not alone with this. It's pretty annoying especially as in some modes the bar is becoming bigger and smaller depending on the contents brightness. Seems to me like a software issue.

Sunny54G00
Journeyman
Options

This was driving me crazy as when gaming and watching certain shows this bar would appear depending on the colour. I hope it's a software issue that can be fixed.

Or it could be 'qled horizontal banding' which is what i came across when googling.

0 Likes
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

Personally not sure if it's horizontal banding as these are to my knowledge fixed. The lines I'm having are moving/expanding. When I watch a film either through Chromecast or Samsung's tizen and the content is darker the line expands and when there's lighter content or contracts. I even disabled all smart features with no success. Really shouldn't be happening with a TV at this price point...

0 Likes
Sunny54G00
Journeyman
Options

Yip - exactly the same issue as you are experiencing but on an apple TV. What TV software version are you on BTW? I hope it's software related that can be fixed in an upcoming release.

0 Likes
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

I'd need to check which software but it's all up to date. I initially thought it's down to the Chromecasts hdmi cable but it's happens in Samsung's own apps too. I've reached out to Samsung so let's see, I'm actually trying to return it and getting a different brand as the TV does a weird cracking sound on the bottom right too. Not what you expect of a £1k+ TV.

0 Likes
Sunny54G00
Journeyman
Options

I did reach out to Samsung and they said that its 'Normal'

If these lines do not show up on a picture test (Which they didnt) then its not a fault, they went on by saying that some LED panels will experience some slight variations in display. The main thing is that these 'anomalies' should not appear on a picture test.

Let me know what Samsung say to you

0 Likes
Robotomatronic
Journeyman
Options

Really? That's beyond ridiculous especially since the picture test is only using bright images and nothing on the darker spectrum where these lines are most noticeable...

0 Likes
Sunny54G00
Journeyman
Options

Yip - this is what LIVE chat said

Thank you fo waiting. Just consulted our advance support about this and as per advised this issue is within the TV specification since issue is not visible on picture test.

Not really sure where to go from here if Samsung tech are saying its normal

0 Likes