Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame (2021) upload photo in ART Mode does not work via iPhone

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 10:06 AM)
Markus3
Student
Options

I recently purchased The Frame (2021) 43''. I am using iPhone and iPad. So,  I did install Smart Thing app in order to upload my photo and for using in ART Mode. 

1. Error message appears on iPhone that service for upload is currently not available. But my picture us visible in the gallery category (my pictures, TV, ART Mode)
  2. I tried to activate one of my one photos to be displayed in ART Mode, but App crashes on TV and after restart ART Mode App the photo is not displayed.

TV: latest software update (done)

iPhone: latest iOS release installed

Does somebody encounter the same issue? Any solution?

Best regards and many thanks

Markus

26 REPLIES 26
JRVDB
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I was told last week by a Samsung rep that you can't add pictures from your phone anymore.  You have to put pictures on a thumbdrive and then add those to your tv. It has something to do with proprietary rules...

0 Likes
Markus3
Student
Options

Many thanks for your advice

0 Likes
Mikiee164
Apprentice
Options

Have you tried - 

going to external device control in settings on the Frame TV?

I found that my phone had become disabled - re-enabled it and it works again. I'd been frustrated for weeks before the same thing happened to my home assistant app and a very helpful error message on home assistant told me what I needed to do and I found my iphone was also disabled.

Just a word to the smart things app designers - I helpful error message is all that is needed sometimes. 

goneirish
First Poster
Options

Having trouble with the ADD YOUR OWN. I heard it works for some people and others have to use an external stick to upload. My phone worked for about a minute then now says I am not on the same network as my phone (which I am).

Anyone getting any response from Samsung???

danlun59
Apprentice
Options

I just want to confirm now in September that this problem is still here. Both my iPad as well as iPhone crash the SmartThings app when trying to upload own photos, both for gallery as well as ambient mode.

Bkidnay
First Poster
Options

I like the concept of The Frame TV but hate all of its functionality.  It is a huge pain.  I don’t think they could make it more glitchy if they tried.  I’ve had the tv for over a year and it has never - not once - been easy to add photos.

A thumbdrive?  How do I get my pictures from my iPhone or iPad to a thumbdrive?  Buy a computer?  Argh

OLOA
First Poster
Options

Same issue. Was able to do it once via the SmartThings app and now every time it times out. 

Is anyone getting responses?  

Abdiel Mancilla
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue, it’s very frustrating. 

Has there been any other update from Samsung? It’s been weeks since this issue was reported. Not ok. 

Mikiee164
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

So I think the problem is that your phone has moved to the not-allowed list of external devices.

Go to Settings, then click again rather than up-arrow to the quick settings. This will give you all the settings but I always find it a bit hidden and have 3 or 4 mins trying to find it again...

now select general

External Device Manager

now select Device Connectin Manager

then Device List

you will see a list of phones and other devices which have tried to connect to the TV. You will probably see your phone and disallowed next to it - edit the list and make it allowed