Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 HDMI HDCP 2.2

(Topic created on: 26-07-2022 05:57 AM)
nickeva
Apprentice
Options

I have a Frame 2021 TV and have a 4k Firestick.

When I pug it in and try to watch Prime 4k content it says the HDMI port is not HDCP 2.2.

Are any of the ports HDCP compatible?

Also what is the best way to watch 4k content via Prime/Netflix? Samsung TV App, 4k Firestick or Sky Q box

6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @nickeva  Yes , all the ports should be HDCP 2.2 compatible  on the 2021 Frame and other  Samsung Tv's from recent years.  Firstly  Input Signal Plus needs to be enabled for external Devices,  turn this on via the  External Device Manager Menu.    This  will  be Settings-General-External Device Manager.     

However if this is not the issue I would suggest you try a Factory Reset of the Tv initially and if still problem can you try a different port,  just in case there is an issue with the other one.  If that does not resolve it possibly there is  a fault with the HDMI   cable and just at that point it would be wise to try another cable if you have one or alternatively purchase.  This need not cost too much,just ensure it is a high speed cable.    https://www.techhive.com/article/3330376/do-i-need-a-4k-hdmi-cable.html 

Generally I would say HDMI tends to offer better quality, though depends on equipment.  A review of Netflix on different platforms here.https://www.the-ambient.com/how-to/guide-to-netflix-4k-372 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

sheriffdude
Journeyman
Options

If you watch on the amazing app it works..I have the same problem you have ..it could be the fact its not plugged in direct from the fire stick I have the short extender cable on it so app works for uhd bit on fire stick 4k I get same message you get have just turned pluss on all devices ports ..but it was already on for hdmi 1 where Fire stick was in ..going to change to HDMI 3..or plug in direct 

0 Likes
sheriffdude
Journeyman
Options

OK if you double click on fire stick 4 down button it swaps it to UHD who new 

0 Likes
sheriffdude
Journeyman
Options

OK guys got it wrong click left or right to move from 1080p to HDDR .To UHD hope this helps 

0 Likes
iamblakey
Student
Options

Click left or right where? My Firestick won't play 4k on my QN90B

0 Likes
sheriffdude
Journeyman
Options
Hi it has to be in the correct HDMI port also and its the circle on the remote try clicking backwards like your Trying to rewind ..it's the most stupid thing ever and you should see it change to HD HDR all options that your TV can support ect Just tried it on my other TV and changed it to HD to HD 1080 as it's not a 4k 1 ..it's hard to explain its like the rewind with clicking down at the same time ..
0 Likes