Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 55" software issues

(Topic created on: 04-06-2021 10:15 AM)
CornwallCharlie
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody else had problems with the The Frame 2021?

Mine keeps failing to connect properly with my Sonos Beam. The connection is via HDMI (Arc) but it repeatedly forgets it after it has been in art mode. This can only be solved by either power cycling the TV or physically disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable.

The second problem is that when in "art mode" slide show it forgets that it is supposed to be a slide show and gets stuck on the same picture.

20 REPLIES 20
dennissi
Student
Options

Yes I have the same issue with our Sonos Beam and have to constantly disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable for it to work again.

We are also having issues with it frequently becoming unresponsive, it doesn't react to remote control or physical buttons and then it lags and freezes when you click buttons on the remote.

Very frustrating experience overall.

Very frustrating.

DJ Howard
Student
Options

I have had the same problem with the Sonos Beam. Talked with Samsung support for about an hour and they just suggested having a technician come out to look at it. It would be covered but I don't know what they would be able to do other than what the support rep could, so I haven't bothered with setting a time.

2 other issues I have had:

1) The Airplay periodically just won't respond. It shows up on the device list, but the device never actually connects.

2) It is not turning back on in the morning. I have it set to auto power on when light and motion is detected, but it never works. 

I've had 2 previous Frame models (2018 and 2019) and never had any issues, but this one seems extremely buggy.

Anybody else having these issues?

CornwallCharlie
Apprentice
Options

I was hoping posting on here might elicit a response from Samsung. Clearly a software update is needed. 

Richienz
First Poster
Options

I have same issues with 2020 model. Started with software update. No point in paying for art if it doesn't work. The Sonos issue is also a pain

Rawad Habib
Student
Options

Yes I am having those exact same issues with the 75" The Frame 2021: lagging, unresponsive, remote suddenly takes all commands at once...

DKNola
First Poster
Options

Exactly the same problems on  my 2021 75" Frame! Lagging remote issues, unresponsive, and Sonos IR (I have a Playbar) output issues. All this started for me once I placed the One Connect box in a cabinet with no line of sight to my Playbar. I had to change the Home Theater setting from Sonos to Samsung -- say no to the did the power test work 4 times then say yes and remote now outputs IR and Playbar works. HOWEVER! That's when the remote lagging isses started... Clearly a software bug.. I'm running version 1506 and there does not appear to be a newer one.. 

PLEASE SAMSUNG fix this, I love the Frame but hate the remote is such a pain...!

Dbuster
First Poster
Options

Great hardware. Probably the worst piece of software I have ever encountered. 

likely will never purchase another Samsung product as I will never trust their systems. 

Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Wow surprised you have had 2 previous frames, glutton for punishment. Yes I have same sonos beam issue. And the airplay one, system does come on automatically with mine 2020 model. Can I ask if I get a second frame does it need a second art subscription? 

DJ Howard
Student
Options

I really haven't had any issues with previous models. Disappointing that the newest version is having these problems.

If you have multiple devices, you can use the same Samsung account and the art subscription  works on all of them. 

0 Likes