Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 50: brightness auto adjust doesn’t work

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 03:22 PM)
jean_ch_r
Apprentice
Options

I’m experiencing an issue with the art mode.

ive tested several parameters and I didn’t find a way to make the brightness in art mode adaptative to the ambient light: too dark during the day and too bright in the evening….

any advise would be welcome

15 REPLIES 15
Steku
Journeyman
Options

I have Frame 32" 2022. I measured how the automatic brightness adjustment works in the Art mode with the photo DSLR camera, by going from complete dark room to extremely bright. It works but is not sensitive enough. The full scale of automatic adjustment is 1/2 step (EV). This is equivalent of one step of manual adjustment in the Art mode. It should be at least 4x more sensitive (2 EV) to properly react to the varying level of room illumination. Unfortunately in 32" 2022 frame there is no option to adjust the brightness sensor sensitivity.

It's either a software bug or poor design decision by Samsung:

- not enough range of the brightness sensor response,

- no option to set the sensitivity.

My measurements revealed that TV mode brightness settings don't affect the Art mode brightness settings.

ArtTooBright
First Poster
Options

Hello, did this work for you? 

0 Likes
Franz27
First Poster
Options

I second your idea to allow for more drastic changes in the Art mode brightness.

Right now it doesn't do enough to make the screen look like a painting. Requires manual tuning several times during the day to get the desired effect!

Fingers crossed for the Samsung team to change the firmware to make it better! 😞 

crosari3
First Poster
Options

Yea, this is really frustrating for a $1k TV that advertises how accurately it portrays itself as artwork. Even a $99 Google Home Hub can manage auto-brightness appropriately. Just spoke with a few friends who were interested in the Frame, and I strongly warned them against it for this reason. The artwork thing is a useless gimmick of it's too bright and night and too dark during the day.

Charlmy
Student
Options

I just bought the 32" 2022 model and put it up on the wall and it's evening now and the automatic brightness is obviously not working, appreciate that you did the measurements but even as layman it's plain obvious. Samsung are you listening and fixing your firmware? The Frame TV page advertises the automatic brightness adjustment, without it the Art Mode is just lame, don't need a bright night light on the wall in the evening...

0 Likes
Steku
Journeyman
Options

Samsung is not listening 😞

0 Likes