Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2021 50: brightness auto adjust doesn’t work

(Topic created on: 09-01-2022 03:22 PM)
jean_ch_r
Apprentice
Options

I’m experiencing an issue with the art mode.

ive tested several parameters and I didn’t find a way to make the brightness in art mode adaptative to the ambient light: too dark during the day and too bright in the evening….

any advise would be welcome

15 REPLIES 15
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful to you

Use Ambient Mode on your Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082422/
0 Likes
jean_ch_r
Apprentice
Options

Thanks but it doesn’t seem to work for the art mode.

0 Likes
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
I have never seen auto adjust to work on my 2017 TV. Maybe it doesn't adjust because the sensor is damaged, maybe it's disabled, who knows? Have you checked carefully yours?
0 Likes
jean_ch_r
Apprentice
Options

It seems to be ok as far as I can say. 

GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options
Is your software up to date?
0 Likes
jean_ch_r
Apprentice
Options

I think so as no update is available in the update center. 
i think I’ve found a solution: I’ve deactivated the intelligent mode and then adjusted the energy consumption parameter regarding the light detection.

will do some tests and let you know

francois2021
Apprentice
Options

I also beleive auto brighness in art mode does not work properly on the frame 2021 43".

I was also under the impression this brightness adjustement was not working. It is quite difficult to judge if the brightness is actually changing dynamically. The solution I found is to measure it.

I have put a power meter to measure the TV consumption. There is a clear correlation between brightness setting in art mode and consumption.

ConsumptionBrightness level menu settings
92W10
79W9
69W8
60W7
53W6
48W5
46W4
44W3
42W2
40W1

Note : setting 10 is the same consumption as TV mode.

To see if auto-brighness is working in art mode I did the following experiment: I started in the dark, then I swith on ambiant lights, then shined a strong lights to different angle on the screen. The sensors seems to be located on the bottom right

--> I do not perceive a change in brighness with my eyes, however I saw changes in power consumption which seems to indicate the algorithm do +1 or -1 setting based on the chosen brightness setting.

I have deactivated intelligent mode and enabled Brightness adapation. -->Same results.

I have the lastest firmware available on the TV menu.

=> Dear Samsung team, please consider changing your firmware to do +3 / -3 brightness adjustement if you want this function to be actually useful !

francois2021
Apprentice
Options

How to raise a ticket with Samsung?

0 Likes
Members_V7MnF6O
First Poster
Options

It seems like the member who first posted has managed to get the 2021 Frame feature working. 

Also people in the other thread dealing with the 2020 thread have managed to resolve the issue. 

It may be worth doing some more investigation of settings before raising with Samsung

0 Likes