Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2020 - Art mode, can't change the passepartout

(Topic created on: 13-07-2020 01:31 PM)
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Hi,
On my The Frame 2020 65" I have uploaded a couple of my own photos to use in Art mode. On the photo I uploaded the first day I had the TV I can choose passepartout from several available ones. But when uploading more photos today there are only one passepartout available. The first photo I uploaded still have all the passepartouts to change from.

How do I get the same options on my new photos?

The first photo I uploaded, with the option to choose from different passepartouts using sideways scrolling:

image1.jpeg

A photo I uploaded a couple of days later, with no possibility to scroll sideways to choose different passepartouts:

image0.jpeg

Regards Jocke

13 REPLIES 13
Jocke
Journeyman
Options

Just a couple of images are affected. Images I add "now" work just fine. Deleting and adding the ones not working does not help. Minor problem then, but a bit frustrating not understanding why! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Nice pictures, just a warning dont look at too much art  before adding photos. I cant add a single photo as the memory is ful lof art I have previewed.

The frame buisness is to do with the photo size there is a US based Samsung forum that goes into this just 1 pixle to wide and you can only get the shadow frame. If you crop your photo you should be ok, and the crop only as i say have to shave off 1 pixle width, say from 400 x 800 down to 400 x 799 or whathave you.

vandenbrakel
Explorer
Options

Out of frustration i've created a (free) app to easily resize any image for the Frame. After resizing all matte styles will be availbale. Including "No Matte". (Fullscreen).

Apple Devices

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/samsung-frame-art-tool/id1539969966

Android Devices:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imakestuff.frameresize.frameresize2

Daayum
First Poster
Options

Amazing! Great work! 

0 Likes
LarisRasidovic
First Poster
Options

Thank you, absolute legend! I tried resizing in photoshop but for some reason it never worked. 

0 Likes
sopranodave
Explorer
Options

whats the link to US samsung page please. 

i cannot find how to download for  samsung frame art tool.

0 Likes
sopranodave
Explorer
Options

i have cropped may pictures to 16.9  all thtsallowed is shadowframe all other options dissapeared.

tried shaving off a pixel no change. 

although 16.9 format and cropped  using movavi.  they are all different sizes as it depends on the original picture.

need a difinitive size of picture and details . if any body knows. vandenbrakel  seems to have cracked it . does hisr art tool work for windows  and android.

0 Likes
vandenbrakel
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
Sneerus
First Poster
Options

To add photos and to be able to change the passe-partout, it's best to prepare them in 3840x2160 resolution and send them to a smartphone. Connect your smartphone with The Frame via SmartThings and transfer photos to TV from the program. I tried 2 days with a flash drive with poor results, and with SmartThings it went without pain.

0 Likes