Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The frame 2020 32"

(Topic created on: 28-09-2020 02:29 PM)
Penguinbo
Voyager
Options

Has anyone realised that this particular model...the new frame 2020 32" does not contain the smarthings app on the actual television. You cannot manage your smarthings compatible devices via the television. You can only do via phone. 

How ever my q 80 series which is last years model has the smartthings app on the TV and you can control your devices via it without using phone which is useful. The frame 2020 43"  and sizes above have the smartthings app on the TV however the smaller 32" size doesn't. This isn't very clear on website and especially other companies selling for samsung. 

You would assume that they would have such a basic app on all new tv's especially if you can get the app on a very old phone. It's taken ages to realise that this tv does not have it available to install....ridiculous. 

It's very disappointing and one reason i purchased the TV as it's in the office and would have been useful to check on camera devices etc from tv like I can on other older tv and older devices with the app installed. 

I have contacted samsung to possibly update so this feature can be added but it's unlikely. I find it really frustrating that this size tv lacks the TV app where the same models have it as do older models.

Samsung please add the smartthings app to the frame 2020 32" tv!

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Daryleastlake
First Poster
Options

I completely agree was gutted when i realised the tv did not have the app as I wanted it to show the Doorbell cam. I have 43 in a different area but don’t have space for a 43 in the hall. 

Penguinbo
Voyager
Options
I don't actually use the app on the TV in front room but it was a huge reason to get the frame 32" as it is in the office so the ability to view and control devices was important as it is used as a second monitor screen. I don't seem to get the tap view feature to work either with it from my Samsung S10.
Samsung has confirmed that the app is not available on the 32" size but is available on all the other TV's. This is daft and really not what I expected.
It wasn't obvious in all the literature and mixed messages on other shops selling the frames. I've asked if they would update but the said it may happen but it's unlikely.

I'm hoping more people realise that the smartthings app isn't present on only the frame 32" and ask Samsung to add it. xx
0 Likes
Eric007
Journeyman
Options

I just realized that myself when I decided to add my Arlo cameras via the (nonexistent) SmartThings app. I did it on my 65” Samsung but can’t add it to the 32”. How can we ask Samsung?

0 Likes