Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Frame 2019 Ambient Mode

(Topic created on: 23-12-2019 01:32 PM)
cubicprotone
Student
Options

I have purchased a new 2019 The Frame 65 inch. I'm looking for Ambient Mode, in the e-manual it states that all 2019 Qled en Serif tv's have Ambient mode, but I can't find it. All commercials with for the frame design contest showed the ambient mode. I bought the tv for ambient mode amongst others. Don't tell me I could have bought a 500€ 65 inch Samsung with ambient mode, and my expensive frame does not have this ambient mode!

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
LindaJane
First Poster
Options

glad to have found these posts.  About to order 2 new TV from Samsung 43in and 49in or larger The Frame.  Really like art mode but also need Ambiant.  Looks like I need to pay the extra £500 + for the 2020 model.  Looking at retailer specs it says Ambiant Mode + for 2020 spec but can't find out what the + is (unless it means its actually a feature this time round!).  Can anyone shed any light on this.  Thanks

0 Likes
ROBERSON7
Apprentice
Options

I have no idea about the 2020 model, but would not trust anything they tell you. You need to physically test one in extreme detail, or prepare to get stuck with a very expensive TV that doesn't do what you want or expect. I would not recommend Samsung to anyone after my experience. I have 2 Samsung TV's and have had problems with both. Samsung Techs know absolutely nothing except what they read on their training flow charts or 'parrot' notes. It is impossible to get hold of someone who does. They also are bad at follow-up, especially useful follow-up.

The art mode on our Frame shows a white line at the top if you have more than 30-40 images downloaded and / or keeps dropping the matte settings. We have to keep re-setting the matte type and color.

I don't know that other brands are any better, and if you insist on the Frame features like we did, then good luck. The idea is great, but the execution and flaws are terrible, and Samsung does NOT CARE! They make no attempt to fix the issues that I can see, they just bring out a new model that probably has a whole new set of issues. They have never even responded to any of my posts, so they either don't care at all or they don't moniter these posts, which is even worse and incompetent.

BUT-- it DOES hug the wall...

0 Likes
ItsNicci
First Poster
Options

But why don't I even have this "art mode" on my 65" curved samsung tv?! Like SERIOUSLY 😡

0 Likes
ROBERSON7
Apprentice
Options

That's a lot different. That TV was never advertised to have the art mode. Just the basic literature or research would have shown that feature, so that really is not Samsung's fault. Granted, they could put all features on all TVs if they wanted, but then they could not charge twice the price for the FRAME TV...

0 Likes
ItsNicci
First Poster
Options

I guess I lack basic literature and research then. Oooops. From over three hours of trying to find ANY kind of information about either sort of feature.. All that I kept seeing anywhere was that if it was a 2019 series qled tv, it would have ambient mode. Which my tv is. So thank you for answering a question that I was obviously having difficulty finding an answer to, and getting frustrated about.

I suppose I figured that since they managed to find a way to do it while it's on display at stores, that there would be a way to do that at home too.

0 Likes
ROBERSON7
Apprentice
Options

At least your QLED should have AMBIENT MODE, which Samsung told me was also on my FRAME TV, but they were wrong. It only took 6+ hours on the phone with 8 different techs to figure that out. They all told me it had BOTH  AMBIENT AND ART modes, but NOT!!

I was so upset about the whole thing. Samsung does a poor job with marketing, and you cannot go by what anyone tells you.

GOOD LUCK!

0 Likes
ItsNicci
First Poster
Options

Yeah.. I'm definitely starting to believe that Samsung is all immensely overpriced.. I wonder if there's some kind of app or something that I could download? That would be nice of them to do.... 🤔 Even if it isn't ambient mode, just something, anything, to put on the screen while it's playing music or just sitting there quietly.. idk. That clock idea looked really nice too.. 

Anyways, thank you!

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

Dont do it paid out £1300 for a frame and the art work only works for about half the sold art work.

0 Likes