Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The frame 2019 ambient mode

(Topic created on: 06-03-2020 12:15 PM)
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Hello

Does the Frame 2019 have ambient mode as well as Art mode. It would be good if it had both. 

50 REPLIES 50
krbuck
Journeyman
Options
I agree! We loved our older 55" frame TV - how it adapted to lighting; it was the main feature for which we bought the TV. When we moved to a new home recently we though it was an easy decision to "upgrade" to the 65" 2019 Frame.

Well, I feel like I've been misled and am not a little disappointed. I used to talk to all my friends about how great the TV is; no longer.... Now its just a regular tv with an "art mode" a very expensive subscription which I will not buy. Bleh.
GrahamS2
Student
Options

Samsung can you please respond? The manuals say that ambient mode is available. Why have you removed this feature for the 2019 Frame? Will you be pushing this feature in a firmware update? It is assumed that the premium product has the base 2019 advertised features... not to mention that the manual says it is included.

JoveKastor
Student
Options

+1 to offer Ambient Mode in addition to Art Mode on the Samsung Frame TVs.

DannyT
Options

Hi guys. 

We do have another thread similar to this one, and this has been addressed by AntS (our Community Lead).

Check it out here. 

Welcome to the Community!

Gewch
Apprentice
Options

Hi @DannyT ,

Thanks for your reply, but I fail to see how this was "addressed" in the other thread. 

Historically this thread pre-dates the other summarized thread and still glosses over the fact that Ambient Mode is missing from The Frame TVs.  We have yet to get any official response from Samsung regarding this - especially since mentions of Ambient Mode are made in our Frame TV manuals and even in the advertising literature.

I appreciate you wanted to consolidate threads in the community, yet I fail to see how this has been addressed yet.

Respectfully - Gewch

Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

@TessM Hi TessM! I would say Samsung community has a big problem if answers are not given in more than 2 months?! Is there anyone from Samsung who respects the customers (even after we make a purchase)?

On 19-11-2019 03:26 PM TessM wrote:

Thanks @Lapadopo and @Massig . I have now raised this and one of our colleagues or myself will be back to you when we have an answer. 

Massig
Pioneer
Options

Looks like they have added it for 2020 model

https://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/tvs/the-frame/43-class-the-frame-tv-qled-4k-uhd-...

They should really update the firmware of the 2019 model...

danielsams
Explorer
Options

What! I really hope Samsung brings out an update that also supports AmbientMode+ for the 2019 models. Anything else would not be customer-friendly and I am really considering moving from Samsung to another company.

JoveKastor
Student
Options
Totally agree!
Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

I absolutely agree! Dear Samsung, if you care for your customers, make AmbientMode+ available on TV Frame 2019 models!

0 Likes