Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The frame 2019 ambient mode

(Topic created on: 02-12-2019 07:46 PM)
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Hello

Does the Frame 2019 have ambient mode as well as Art mode. It would be good if it had both. 

50 REPLIES 50
TD19
Student
Options

Aren't Samsung guilty of misleading advertising? I have just spent an hour trying to work out how to use ambient mode, only to find out from this thread that it is not available on my 2019 43" Frame. Unhappy!

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@TD19 wrote:

Aren't Samsung guilty of misleading advertising? I have just spent an hour trying to work out how to use ambient mode, only to find out from this thread that it is not available on my 2019 43" Frhttps://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/what-is-ambient-mode.html ame. Unhappy!

HI@TD19  , I explained previously in this thread  that The Frame Tvs do not have Ambient Mode but Art Mode.  You may have had a different impression but the The Samsung Frame page only mentions Art Mode for the Frame, which is considered to be similar in one aspect  https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/the-frame/highlights/ 

Ambient Mode said to use a bit more energy, will be a difference of 10-20 %

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/advice/what-is-ambient-mode.html 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Lapadopo
Explorer
Options
Looks like New Firmware didn’t solve the issue 😞
0 Likes
Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

As stated before, Samusung should stop this thread by allowing Samsung Frame TV users to use Ambient mode, as it was expected.

@JAMES4578: Thanks for a link to Coolblue explaination of Ambient and Art mode.

You forgot to give us link to Coolblue Samsung Frame TV page where it is clearly stated that Frame TV has Ambient mode

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/831119/samsung-the-frame-qe49ls03-qled.html#

79DF987D-6812-434F-9884-5C2BAE618E85.png

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Lapadopo wrote:

As stated before, Samusung should stop this thread by allowing Samsung Frame TV users to use Ambient mode, as it was expected.

@JAMES4578: Thanks for a link to Coolblue explaination of Ambient and Art mode.

You forgot to give us link to Coolblue Samsung Frame TV page where it is clearly stated that Frame TV has Ambient mode

https://www.coolblue.nl/en/product/831119/samsung-the-frame-qe49ls03-qled.html#

79DF987D-6812-434F-9884-5C2BAE618E85.png

May be listed on  Coolblue site, however their  product description only specifies  Art Mode:

"The Samsung The Frame QE49LS03 seamlessly blends into your interior. This television includes a One Connect Box and the updated Invisible Cable. The screen of this QLED television is equipped with Quantum Dots. This means it produces clear, sharp images and a color volume of 100%, clearly displaying all subtle shades. Thanks to the One Connect Box and the Invisible Cable, you can connect the TV to the socket and your devices with 1 transparent cable. In combination with the flat design, the stylish frame, and the No Gap wall mount, the TV looks like a painting on the wall. You'll never see a black screen in the room, since Art mode lets the TV display 1 of the 100 available paintings. Thanks to the Apple TV sync, you can watch all movies and series in your iTunes library. Or use AirPlay 2 to stream videos from your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to the TV".

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TD19
Student
Options

Well it may not be entirely Samsung's fault but here for example:

'The 2019 Samsung Frame TVs are also set to look better, due to the integration of the same QLED display tech found in their mainstream premium Q-series TVs like the Q90. For more on the Q90R, check out our hands-on here.

The new Frame also features new smart TV capabilities like Ambient Mode alongside the Art Mode found in previous versions of The Frame. It'll also play nice with every smart assistant out there from Bixby to Google Assistant to Amazon Alexa and even Siri via Apple AirPlay.'

https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/article/665142/samsung-new-frame-tvs-cheaper-better/

:which specifically states both modes will be present.

Samsung's own media releases also state Ambient Mode is offered on 2019 QLED TVs. The Frame is a QLED TV, but you have to dig deeper to find that the feature is not present on this particular QLED TV.

HUNTER6
First Poster
Options

Such a massive let down.

Come on Samsung, give us what we were sold!

folkert
First Poster
Options

+1 Here. 
Just received my Frame 65" and also feel being let down by a lame marketing trick.

I dont understand what they are thinking. This will definately not resonate well on social media and leave a negative vibe for the brand. All these new clients wondering how stupid their reasoning must be thinking this will be a win for them to exclude ambient mode on The Frame 2019 models.

Probably the same person who thought it was a good idea to let consumers buy a separate frame for a TV that is called 'the Frame' . Smart approach would have been to include  the carbon black frame, so you end up with at least a complete TV with the most standard frame option. 

@Samsung: Please admit your wrong in this strategy and include the ambient mode in the next firmware update.

Also while you are at it; Please hire a better UI/UX designer for the Artmode Interface and functionalities, I feel very limited in the options I have regarding lightness, color temperature etc . while you market the Artmode as you biggest feature on this model.

PavelBA
First Poster
Options

What?!?  No Ambient mode in Frame 2019?!? I just bought it yesterday from samsung.com, delivery by 12/31. Let me see if I can reverse it. It is just an app, right? Why not let use it. Not cool! 

fike1
First Poster
Options

I'm pretty unhappy with this too. I bought a frame TV, not another device requiring a paid subscription service. I don't want another account with a monthly fee. This is misleading and frustrating. The whole Frame TV is a pile of commercial revenue generating stuff instead of the svelte 4K frame that I wanted for displaying my photography. 

Please enable ambient mode. This is very annoying and leaves a bitter taste in my mouth for future samsung purchases.