Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The frame 2019 ambient mode

(Topic created on: 16-08-2019 09:31 PM)
Massig
Pioneer
Options

Hello

Does the Frame 2019 have ambient mode as well as Art mode. It would be good if it had both. 

50 REPLIES 50
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Massig wrote:

Hello

Does the Frame 2019 have ambient mode as well as Art mode. It would be good if it had both. 

Hi @Massig  Art Mode gives the appearance of a picture Frame- Frame Tv's have this mode, whilst the Serif  and other 2019 QLED TV's   use Ambient Mode.   https://www.extremetech.com/electronics/272756-samsungs-frame-tvs-updated-now-offer-more-art       https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-announces-2019-lifestyle-tvs-the-frame-and-serif-tv-will-be-...

A bit more on 2019 models here:  https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-tv-2019-release-date-price-3367473

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Gewch
Apprentice
Options

Adding my +1 to offer Ambient Mode in addition to Art Mode on the Samsung Frame TVs.

While I understand the appeal of displaying artwork (one of it's primary functions), it would be nice to have the Ambient mode to display other useful information as well as the blending it into the background.

danielsams
Explorer
Options

Hope this Mode come to the Frame, because the Ambient Mode in the serif and in the 2019 QLEDs have also a picture mode similar like the Art mode and that's a pity, because the frame does not really differentiate in this way. Please bring ist to the Frame!

mrakusr
First Poster
Options

I am missing ambient mode on my frame as well.

It was shown on all advertising videos of the frame design contest. 

So when will it be available?

Frame 2019 is a QLED featured TV

Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

The same issue here. I was sure Frame TV 2019 has Ambient mode, while going trough e-Manual it was also stated like that, but was not able to start it... After I google it, it was quite a shock to find out on this page that Ambient mode is not supported.

I really hope Samsung will make Ambient mode possible on Frame TV as it was one of the reasons why we choose this TV. Hope to get some feedback from Samsung team? Art mode is not even as close as interesting and usable as Ambient mode!

Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

Frame TV 2019-Ambient mode: availableFrame TV 2019-Ambient mode: availableAmbient mode: added to 2018 Frame TVAmbient mode: added to 2018 Frame TV

Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

I found out that there are no hardware reasons why Samsung Frame TV shouldn't have Ambient mode available. It is just u commercial issue with Samsung wanting to make as much profit from selling us photos in Art mode: Samsung wants to make as much as possible profit from subscription based model for the Art Store and it looks like that is the only reason why the free Ambient Mode isn't available on Frame TV yet. 

As seen on screenshots bellow, Art mode is only one of the options also available under Ambient mode (named Artworks). So everyone who wants to use great professional photos and painting will still be able to get it. 

With Ambient mode enabled additional features listed bellow will be available:

INFO (You can display info like the time and date on a beautiful background),

DECOR  (Set your screen with an interactive background that matches your room décor perfectly),

WALL GENERATION (QLED uses a photo of your wall to recreate the pattern on screen. It’s the perfect blend for your décor),

PHOTO MATTE (Use various filters to transform your photos into beautiful works of art right before your eyes),

DECOR LIGHTING (Special lighting for special occasions. Select from a variety of options, like neon, and have some fun with your space) and

DECOR CUSTOMIZABLE PATTERN (QLED senses nearby colors in the room and applies them to a beautiful design on screen).

@Samsung: Please make it possible!

Ambient mode-Features1.PNG

Ambient mode-Features2.PNG

Ambient mode-Features3.PNG

Ambient mode-Features4.PNG

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi there,

I have had a look at the new Frame TV (2019) and it appears that this has an Ambient Mode. You can find how that works at from page 10 in this manual.  

0 Likes
Lapadopo
Explorer
Options

It should be available according to user manual, but it is not. Even the button that should be pressed is not available on the remote 😞