Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Terrestrial channels

(Topic created on: 16-05-2022 04:05 PM)
DaveMcN
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have just purchased a small tv for my bedroom but I can’t seem to find any terrestrial channels. I bought a small portable aerial and connected them carried out a scan but still nothing. Is there a freeview app I need to download first?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Go to solution
14 REPLIES 14
DaveMcN
Journeyman
Options

Thanks James. This worked on the second attempt. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Glad that it worked eventually Dave 😃

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
DaveMcN
Journeyman
Options

Thanks to everyone for their help. 

0 Likes
AnthonyH
First Poster
Options

This seems to be an issue with all later Samsungs. I cannot be specific about the settings menu because they do vary from model to model. However the solution is to first power off the TV. The unplug all of the aerials from the TV. Turn the TV back on and go to the settings. Find the setting to scan for channels and request a scan. You will then get a screen asking what you  want to scan for: terrestrial, cable or satellite. (It was this option that I never got previously as the TV always defaulted to a satellite scan only.) Plug your aerials back into the TV and select which signal source(s) you want to scan for. Hey presto all of the channels you are looking for become available!!! 

0 Likes
evensiberia
First Poster
Options
The latest Samsung TVs cannot get any terrestrial channels here in the UK.
0 Likes