Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television (UE40D5500) no longer auto detected connected devices.

(Topic created on: 06-03-2019 04:14 PM)
PaddyW
First Poster
Options

Television (UE40D5500) no longer auto detected connected devices.
an hour ago
My television for years auto detected the devices attached to it. Suddenly the auto detect has stopped working. I now have to use the Source option and manually select the devices. I contacted Samsung and they suggested a soft reset which had no effect. Then I tried the suggested software upgrade via USB which also did not work. They say they have no more options and that if I want to take this further it will involve a chargeable engineer visit. I am amazed that when you contact Samsung they all appear never to have experienced this problem before. A trawl of the web indicates it is not an unusual problem. Can anyone help please?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
PaddyW
First Poster
Options

Disappointed that no solutions to this problem have been offered by Samsung.  When I was searching the internet for fixes I came across loads of posting over the last few years from people asking for help in switching auto detect off.  This problem seems to have dried up now as I don't see many new posts.  What amazes me is that if there is a way of switching auto detect off then there equally must be a way to switch it on.

My auto detect just stopped working over a month ago.  All my devices still work once I have selected them using the Source button on the remote control.  Anybody got any ideas on ways to solve this problem?

Many thanks

PaddyW

0 Likes