Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Television and headphone

(Topic created on: 22-04-2020 11:18 AM)
MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Can anyone please tell me how I can connect a bluetooth headphone to a samsung smart TV.   There is no headphone jack on my TV.  The only thing I can see is a Digital Audio (out) optical socket which seems closed off for some reason.  Any ideas welcome.  Take care.  Martin 

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
AndrewL
Options
@MartinOH: Can you confirm the model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device. In the meantime, depending on the model, try going to Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Bluetooth Speaker List, to see if your headphones are available for selection here.
0 Likes
MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for getting back.   The model number is 40MU6120.   There is no Bluetooth on the TV.    Trying to find out if there is another way to do it or alternatively to use another kind of headset.  

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@MartinOH: If you can't access Bluetooth options on this model, then you may wish to consider a set of USB headphones with a decent length wire, or look for a suitable adapter such as a USB to 3.5mm input.
0 Likes
MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

Thanks AndrewL.  Good to know there is another option at least.  Can I please ask when you mention a 'suitable adaper'.  Could you explain what you mean by this.  For instance, how would it work and where would I access same.  

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MartinOH: While I can't recommend an adapter, there are reputable third party retailers that you can look at. By 'suitable', I mean an adapter that utilises the existing inputs in the TV. This is why I initially suggested a set of USB headphones, as this avoids the need for one, but an adapter would afford you some options if you already have a pair of headphones with a 3.5mm jack.

0 Likes
MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

Thanks AndrewL.   That makes sense.   Thanks for your help and getting back to me so quickly.    All the best

MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

Hi Andrew L.    Getting back to you re my original query.   Purchased a headset with a USB.   But does not work on TV.   Also borrowed another headset but same story.    Just wondering if the USB is the wrong connection.   Should the headset not be connected to the Digital audio out socket.  If so, how do I get a connection to that.   Would appreciate any advice please.

ab Martin

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MartinOH ,

how are you doing today? Would you be able to send me a picture of the TV back and the port/connector available there? 

MartinOH
Journeyman
Options

I am okay and how are you.

Please find attached as requested.

Martin Back of TV.jpg

0 Likes