Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teletext

(Topic created on: 27-06-2021 10:57 AM)
ronnieboy
Journeyman
Options

I recently bought a Samsung Art tv and can't get the classic teletext page up using the TTX/MIX button, all i get is a grey box on screen with a 'not  available message, also the red button feature is very hit and miss, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I noticed others have posted on here regarding the same problems but it doesn't look like they've had a satisfactory answer. This tv cost me a lot of money and i hope you can give me a fix for this problem as i intend to submit reviews for it.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
DuggleBB
Explorer
Options

sorry but that's daft; so I'm expected to spend a further ~£40 a month to access a service the TV claims (claimed) was available

0 Likes
hipdoob
First Poster
Options

turn off tv then turn off router turn tv back on wait a few secs untill the red button comes on then press txt button and then bobs ya uncle txt is ready ,turn router back on and txt will work allways untill you switch off ya tv, works everytime i do this every morning while i am making my morning cuppa check it out

0 Likes
ronnieboy
Journeyman
Options

So, pay £1,000 for a tv that is missing a feature that I can get on my cheap bedroom tv, and then faff around with the router every time I want to catch up with the news or football results, the Samsung frame is a s***e tv with lots of problems, not just with teletext

0 Likes
Alan9
First Poster
Options

Hi Chris, 

MY TV picks up text, but won't update. I. E, TODAY 17 /10 /21.

The text page shows correct date/time, but all of the pages are from last Tuesday ( 12/10/2021). News, sports, finance etc.

Have checked all settings as you explain, rescanned (which has in the past updated text), but it will not update. Other TV in house has text up to date. Any suggestions please. 

0 Likes
The Lucky One
First Poster
Options

This problem common with so called smart tvs now a day. I just manage to figured out how to get back BBC teletext  by go to settings disable the net work totally. Then restart the set, the BBC teletext will come back as normal. But you won't get Internet services like youtube, nestflix, Web... Etc. In other word you get BBC teletext but no Internet services. You got Internet services, you won't get BBC teletext. I use external source like amazon fire TV for YouTube, amazon prime, nestflix... Etc. In order to retain much love BBC teletext. Good luck to all.

0 Likes
Jackie McDermott
First Poster
Options

I’ve tried Expert settings and teletext is not highlighted 

0 Likes
jenbobmick
First Poster
Options
Mine still says not available
0 Likes